+ Visit England Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A British Olympic football team

A British Olympic football team

I know its still too near to yet another pathetic Euro's failure for England, but how many of us on here would like to see us all combine again as a British team for the upcoming Olympics (like we did in London 4 years ago).
    Yes I know the Welsh players who are mostly English anyway, showed their true Scotch style colours recently after England's departure from another tournament. But wouldnt this be a good thing to enter a British team in the Olympics, even if it is an Under-21 style team from now on ?

I don't think football should be in the Olympics anyway! Same as tennis,show jumping,cycling and quite a few other sports.
    It's time to get back to the basics or one day we will end up with poker,darts and snooker being allowed in.

The great Alan Partridge once suggested Monkey tennis.
    I would watch that
    Last edited by trickydick; 14-07-2016 at 04:48 PM.

I'm well fed up of International football letting me down again and again,twice in one year is to much,roll on August when the domestic season starts and I can be depressed by a team thats closer to my heart

Ditto

Even though i support Ireland i am far more interested in club football, Lower leagues and non league and Sunday morning football.
    Cannot stand the amounts of money in the premier league even though i support a premier league club.
    My club has been rumoured to have put in a 80 Million Euro bid for James Rodriguez at Real Madrid.
    Maybe just a rumour but that is just silly money.

Yes it is pathetic these days what clubs are paying for players, how much were Manure talking about offering for the over rated Paul Pogba.
    But I still think its a good idea for us to combine a young British B or U-21 team for the Olympic tournaments.

Yes, I agree, choose under 21 players from England, Wales, Scotland and NI and let them enjoy it