+ Visit Sheffield Wednesday FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New kit

New kit

Good God...I hope this isn't it, I could maybe just about accept the away strip, even if it does look like United's BUT, if that pinstripe not even Wednesday blue shirt is the home kit then it's a MASSIVE no from me...don't usually get too hung up on shirts but come on, we have an identity & that's not it, worse shirt for a very long time in my opinion...I thought United's home shirt last season was bad with the invisible pin stripe but if this is ours we've topped that...who the fk designs this stuff, certainly not a Wednesday fan.

Name:  Owls Kit.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  52.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by aussieowl View Post
    Good God...I hope this isn't it, I could maybe just about accept the away strip, even if it does look like United's BUT, if that pinstripe not even Wednesday blue shirt is the home kit then it's a MASSIVE no from me...don't usually get too hung up on shirts but come on, we have an identity & that's not it, worse shirt for a very long time in my opinion...I thought United's home shirt last season was bad with the invisible pin stripe but if this is ours we've topped that...who the fk designs this stuff, certainly not a Wednesday fan.

Name:  Owls Kit.jpg
Views: 315
Size:  52.9 KB

I wouldn't say it's worse than Utd's last season Aussie, at least the dominant colour can be see, even if it is the wrong shade and the white stripes are too thin.
    Have to agree though, not a fan of it and looks more like a Millwall or Ipswich shirt. The socks are an improvement though!
    I don't mind the black one with orange trim but hope this is the 3rd kit as the white kit which is not in your picture looks quite smart.

The white one worn at Alfreton?...yeah I like that, let's hope that is the first choice for away.

The only way that home kit can be saved as such is if we wear black shorts, with those blue & white hooped socks in the pic we should look ok from the waist down.., if it's white shorts then yeah, Millwall or Ipswich.

It's sh!t was my very first thought tbh....Like the white un and the black un's not bad but really can't get on with the home one yet looking at those pics but stuff it..As long as it's got a Wednesday badge on it'll do for me!

I like it

oh dear its just as bad as our kit last season

Quote Originally Posted by teesblade View Post
    oh dear its just as bad as our kit last season
    No its not

There wont be an away side playing in Blue and White at Hillsborough unlike Red and White at the Stain last

Having said that how do clubs get these simplest of decisions so badly wrong

Its a good looking Ipswich shirt and to pair it with Blue Shorts just increases the charge sheet for me

But then to charge £55 and £49 for a kids is just criminal

Orange and Black seems to be this season colour same as the Dark and light blue was last season with various clubs wearing differing creations in the same basic colours. Its an ok looking shirt but again im not a fan

The white and Light Blue 3rd kit is the best of the bunch IMO

Don't like the Ipswich design the black one is similar to the blunts away kit the white one stands out for me

Quote Originally Posted by hirstyboywonder View Post
    I wouldn't say it's worse than Utd's last season Aussie, at least the dominant colour can be see, even if it is the wrong shade and the white stripes are too thin.
    Have to agree though, not a fan of it and looks more like a Millwall or Ipswich shirt. The socks are an improvement though!
    I don't mind the black one with orange trim but hope this is the 3rd kit as the white kit which is not in your picture looks quite smart.
    Its just a f? Ckin kit ffs.....More interested in how we do this season....Jesus....Sheffielders. ..Got to have something to fu?kin moan about.....Best chairman we've had in donkeys, having nearly being liquidated......If we go up in it, It will become legendary....Bigger picture, jesus.....Wonder what DC would think, if he ever read the sh!t on owlstalk.....Some of em' don't deserve success....miserable b@stards.....Some of you make my fu@kin blood boil.......WE NEARLY WENT OUT OF BUSINESS. ....We now have a chairman that wants success......The POTD moaners should have bought a season ticket...He gave you enough time to......FFP....You want the cream at Hillsborough. .then you're going to have to contribute. ..He has no choice. ..Until we get to the prem, and all the tv money that brings...its the way it is....He needs guaranteed income..And people with season tickets, need to know, they have the best deal....What do people want?.........Like it or lump it...Its modern football. ...Get used to it.

Yeah micky lad but do you like the new shirt..

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)