+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lowe the new captain in waiting

Lowe the new captain in waiting

Coyle has come out and said if Hanley leaves Lowe will be the new skipper
    I am not against this however where would we play him?
    He is not the best centrally as we already have Byrne,Evans and lenihan who are better and is he any better than Henley at right back?

That's what I saying last week Robin. Although Lenihan had been good in centre mid, he can easily play centre half. Leaving Lowe to play centre mid. It's good to have both, as they are young, and can play well in a variety of positions. It gives us options. You need that in a league where you play 3 times a week almost throughout the season.

Robin, this is nothing more than I expected, I am now gona wind my mate up who thinks he's pants!
    Yep maybe he is not the most talented, but he's an 100%er, for me personally I see leadership qualities in him.

No-one has ever doubted his work-rate or commitment. The problem with his midfield performances was always his poor distributional ability. He was never the sort of player who could run a game. That is not such a problem at full-back, but he would not be the ideal choice for playing the kind of overlapping game we saw at the European Championship in that position.
    To be fair, all our managers seem to have liked him, and it appears that Coyle is no exception.
    I suspect he is going to be a first choice, so we will soon know if he has improved.

I hope he can be a similar story to Hanley
    injuries hindering ability coupled with fans(including myself)pointing out the players limitations turning round and putting in a player of the season performance
    currently I have my doubts
    you have raised the points aucks where his problems currently are
    is he better than Henley at right back?jury's out
    is he better than Evans or lenihan in midfield?for me no
    so as a squad player he is a good asset but then he won't be a captain sat on a bench.

I wouldn`t put him in charge of walking a dog.

I don't care who they are. Just as long as they have pride in wearing the shirt, and can encourage the better playe what's expected of them while playing for BRFC. In no way do they need to be a 'name'. Just passion will do. That's something that we have lacked for a long long time.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    I hope he can be a similar story to Hanley
    injuries hindering ability coupled with fans(including myself)pointing out the players limitations turning round and putting in a player of the season performance
    currently I have my doubts
    you have raised the points aucks where his problems currently are
    is he better than Henley at right back?jury's out
    is he better than Evans or lenihan in midfield?for me no
    so as a squad player he is a good asset but then he won't be a captain sat on a bench.
    Robin - he is one of those players it's hard to get excited about, but he must bring a fantastic attitude to training for all the managers to see him in the same way.
    I've looked through the squad again, and it must be that Coyle sees him as the first-choice right-back, as the "holding" midfield position has so many contenders: Akpan, Guthrie, Lenihan, Evans, Byrne.
    Are we going to play TWO defensive-minded midfielders? That has certainly not been Coyle's style in the past.
    Anyway, Byrne can also play as an attacking midfielder, so that may be his role. Surely, though, that is where we still need strengthening. At the moment, we really only have Byrne, O'Sullivan and Tomlinson as possibles in the central creative role. Not too encouraging. In contrast, we surely have TOO many wingers/wide midfielders: Marshall, Mahoney, Bennett, Conway, Feeney.
    Obviously, you need a lot of cover in the Championship, but it's hard to see Mahoney getting much of a look-in.
    As it stands, if no-one else comes in or goes, it seems as if the starting line-up would look something like this:
    Steele
    Lowe Duffy Ward Hendrie
    Marshall Lenihan Byrne Conway
    Stokes Graham.

I hope Dunny has kept himself fit!

The big problem aucks is of course the lop sided team we now have
    an abundance of right sided midfielders and full cover at right back
    on the left we have just Conway and hendrie at left back
    of course we have players who can switch over but only those 2 are comfortable playing there.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)