+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Tundra

When this thread started, I was on my way to Dorset with my wife, for a four-day break and I knew nothing about the tragic news until my return today. We had wondered about how Howard was because my wife knew him as well and knew of his current health problems. She met up with us for lunch at The Cricketers at Horsell on one occasion. On his next visit Howard and I lunched at The Anchor at Pyrford after visiting the site of H G Wells' Martian landings in The War of the Worlds.

Some may remember the thread 'FAO Tundra'. If you look at entry 5 on that thread, you will see that I start with "Difficult one this". The problem for me was that Howard had emailed me on 25th April explaining the detail of his problems and the likely treatment. He also asked me to keep it to myself. He emailed me on 12th June to say that his treatment was mostly complete and that when it was, the medical staff would re-assess the situation. I emailed him again on 5th July asking how he was, but I now know why I got no response.

I can only assume that the email address that Robus has is a different one as I had hoped that, if there was a problem, that someone would read his emails and react. For whatever reason, that didn't happen.

The tributes to Howard posted on here are so apt. A big kind, sincere, helpful, generous gentle giant of a man. I am well aware of the affection he had for not only WolvesMad posters, but his 'Baggie' friends and many from other sites.

I am absolutely shattered by this news and pass my sincere condolences on to Pat, his family and his friends

RIP big man. Every minute that I spent with you was a privilege for me!

Very sad news, his presence, wisdom and humour will be sorely missed. RIP Howard.

With apologies for the lateness of this post and my seeming lack of concern at the news of Howard's passing. Unfortunately, since the recent forum changes, my 'puter has a tendency to 'freeze' on this site and only today did I become aware of the sad news. Having now read through the contents of this thread I realise there is little I can add to the heartfelt comments of Wolves and Baggies fans alike.

To Pat, family and friends, please accept my sincere condolences. I do hope the sentiment expressed by so many on this thread will be of some comfort to you at this time of sadness. Living in 'Oz', I was not one of those priveleged to have met Howard, but we did exchange comments from time to time and as a fellow 'Wolfie, I somehow knew he was a kindred spirit and a mate. Still can't believe he's gone.

Rest in Peace, Tunds.

:-( knocked me for 6 when i read this , Tundra often paid a visit over on the england board

what a really nice fella eh , R.I.P. very sad news indeed , my condolences to his family & all who knew him .....Gutted

I never met the man personally, mores the pity, but Tundra was one of the non Albion posters i liked,admired and respected. He made a great contribution not just to our two boards but to footymad as an whole.
    Not many people have the ability to be liked and respected by fans of other clubs, but Tundra was one who could, which speaks volumes for him as a person and a human being.
    My deepest condolences to all of his family and friends, and of course to all of you on here.

R.I.P. Tundra, a true gent.

I hope that this thread wiil be saved as Greystone's was.

Quote Originally Posted by Woking88 View Post
    I hope that this thread wiil be saved as Greystone's was.
    X2

Quote Originally Posted by theplater View Post
    I only saw this terribly sad news tonight and I'm struggling to find words that can add to the wonderful tributes already posted on here and the Albion board.

I was lucky enough to meet Howard three or four times and found him to be a gentle man, a kind man and a generous man. I remember he turned up at the Bluebrick on one occasion with a number of T-Shirts he'd brought over from Canada which he handed out to a number of us. Just after he'd given the last one away Uncle Steve came in but Tunds was determined to get a T-Shirt to Steve so he posted one to me for delivery to Uncle, who was over the moon. I know Steve doesn't post on here very often anymore but I know he'll be gutted.

Tundra was a special man, and like Lincs and greystone a rare and special poster. All good men who never had a bad word to say about anybody and were always at ease crossing these football boards, which can get volatile on occasion, without upsetting or insulting anyone and highly respected by all.

Everybody is going to miss the posts and visits of this big, wonderful fella and in a few days, after everyones had a chance to read and respond to this thread me or one of the other mods will move it to Sir Jack's. I'd also like to ask Ray to forward my condolences on to Howards wife and family.
    A great post and a fitting tribute, i'm glad the thread will be saved in the 'Sir Jack's section.

Tundra's wife sent this to me. I suggested she contact Plater should she be in town on a match day. --Robus

Thank you for letting me see the wolves Mad forum and the many condolences and sympathies. Please thank everyone or feel free to post this message. What a wonderful group and I know Howard thought as much of each and everyone of you. He loved posting on the Board and yes all of the qualities your friends talk about he lived out in every moment and every day that I knew him. We were together for 35 years and can only say that I had nothing but admiration for the person that he was and the values with which he lived his life - He was the love of my life and it was a privilege to be his wife.

I am not sure how the next few months will fare for all of us right now as we struggle on but I do plan to try and visit Wolverhampton next year. I still have a few dear family members over there. I would love to meet you and perhaps have a drink at the Blue Brick with some of the forum if it is feasible. ( BTW: I always called it the Red Brick and Howard would repeatedly put me straight)

Warm wishes to all
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Robus View Post
    Tundra's wife sent this to me. I suggested she contact Plater should she be in town on a match day. --Robus

Thank you for letting me see the wolves Mad forum and the many condolences and sympathies. Please thank everyone or feel free to post this message. What a wonderful group and I know Howard thought as much of each and everyone of you. He loved posting on the Board and yes all of the qualities your friends talk about he lived out in every moment and every day that I knew him. We were together for 35 years and can only say that I had nothing but admiration for the person that he was and the values with which he lived his life - He was the love of my life and it was a privilege to be his wife.

I am not sure how the next few months will fare for all of us right now as we struggle on but I do plan to try and visit Wolverhampton next year. I still have a few dear family members over there. I would love to meet you and perhaps have a drink at the Blue Brick with some of the forum if it is feasible. ( BTW: I always called it the Red Brick and Howard would repeatedly put me straight)

Warm wishes to all
    Pat

Thanks for sending me Howard's email address Ray. I have swapped emails with Pat and hopefully we'll be able to meet when she next visits Wolverhampton.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)