+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Match Programme

Match Programme

Having lost their main contributor for the last 20 - odd years Andy Penn I was delighted that Queens have
    once again secured the services of football book author Iain McCartney to write for our wee club's programme.
    His 4 articles were excellently researched and I look forward to more - power to your pen big man. One (imo)
    improvement that could be made was a modern design for the cover but Tuesday's poor effort may have been
    only for Betfred games and not the league when it commences.

Andy Penn will be a hard act to follow . Iain McCartney's contribution is excellent and we're lucky to have him onboard
    Pretty much have to agree with the comments reguarding to front cover from last night . It looked very amateurish compared to previous seasons . That's the first thing we all said after buying a copy last night

last nights match programme, good content , bad front cover

When you read an Ian McCartney piece, you realise the kind of research and hard work that goes into it. Well done Ian , a huge contributor to the programme.

I read with interest the article in the program (pages 12-13) about Alan Smith, one of my all-time favourite Queens players. However, I have to point out an error in the last paragraph. Alan Smith was NOT the first ever Queens substitute used in a competitive fixture. That "honour" fell to Billy Collings on 20th August 1966 when he replaced the injured Ian McChesney away to Dumbarton at half-time.
    Alan Smith was used as a substitute for Ronnie Simpson the following week, the 27th August 1966 against Queens Park at Palmerston. So although he was not the first ever, he was the first ever at Palmerston!

Another error was the statement that the last time we were paired in a cup game v Airdrie was a gubbing 4 - 0
    in 2010 - 11. Not so we beat them in the Challenge Cup 2 - 0 in August 2013 - by coincidence Derek Lyle got
    both goals !

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)