+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Strong midfield

Strong midfield

With the addition of Casey we have a strong midfield.

Frecks, smallwood, Halford, Dawson, Casey. Newell. Forde. Or one of the youngsters/trialists/ not yet signed....
    Will AS play 442 or 451. Going on what he played at his it's 442 but which 4 across the middle do we use.

I would have to use newell on the left and forde on the right. A sitting midfielder between smallwood or Halford. Smallwood just edges it though Halford last 12 games he was brilliant
    Of the others it has to be Frecks solely cos I've seen him play
    Tough one but nice option
    BTW still need another winger as cover

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post

Frecks, smallwood, Halford, Dawson, Casey. Newell. Forde. Or one of the youngsters/trialists/ not yet signed....
    Will AS play 442 or 451. Going on what he played at his it's 442 but which 4 across the middle do we use.

I would have to use newell on the left and forde on the right. A sitting midfielder between smallwood or Halford. Smallwood just edges it though Halford last 12 games he was brilliant
    Probably 451 again, but yeh, looking half decent, if we can keep it tight at the back we'll be an hard to beat outfit, just need that bit of luck up top..

Think it was Preston last season that didn't concede many goals and finished half way up table whilst there goals for wasn't great. Fine margins I guess

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post

Frecks is not 100% fit
    Newell misses start of season
    No idea who Casey is
    rumoured all trialist's have left which I'm surprised at if true

So I don't think we have a strong midfield yet

They only won 2 more games than us but a tight defence and zero GD earned the draws. 17 draws to our 10.
    So scoring 8 goals less than us got them 13 more points.

(Preston, that is. )

Quote Originally Posted by stevemiller View Post
    They only won 2 more games than us but a tight defence and zero GD earned the draws. 17 draws to our 10.
    So scoring 8 goals less than us got them 13 more points.

(Preston, that is. )

This is exactly what we must do, to continue to build in this league, we know we can't compete financially with the big boys, so we shouldn't bother trying, let's concentrate on us, on being solid, on building a great team spirit among us all, and stop listening to all the negative doom merchants on here...UTM

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    This is exactly what we must do, to continue to build in this league, we know we can't compete financially with the big boys, so we shouldn't bother trying, let's concentrate on us, on being solid, on building a great team spirit among us all, and stop listening to all the negative doom merchants on here...UTM
    I concur wiv im ^

Still needs strengthening imo although adding JFC to it makes us a little stronger. I still think we need a quality winger and a real quality player like Odjidja-Ofoe from last season running things in midfield and being a real nuisance for the opposition.

Looks like we could be adding voukes to the list. That's 6 CM.
    Hmmmm is any going out on loan/for sale?