+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 1b Chinese Deal

1b Chinese Deal

A very lucrative & interesting deal for Sheffield. Note the Chinese city involved. Wonder if you know who has is finger firmly in this pie. Smells like it to me

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/sheffield-s...london-1571790

TBH I `d rather believe it wouldn`t have had a snowflakes chance in hell without the involvement of SUFC. Let`s face it,no way would anyone in Chengdu have heard of Sheffield otherwise.

I think having a go at McCabe on this is beyond out of order. He is first and foremost a property magnate.

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    TBH I `d rather believe it wouldn`t have had a snowflakes chance in hell without the involvement of SUFC. Let`s face it,no way would anyone in Chengdu have heard of Sheffield otherwise.

I think having a go at McCabe on this is beyond out of order. He is first and foremost a property magnate.
    I'm not having a go, and I hope he IS heavily involved.

Fair do`s mate. After all,it`s usually justified!

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    Fair do`s mate. After all,it`s usually justified!
    Aye, unfortunately, you're right, it is justified a lot of the time. I'm just hoping that he has got links (no pun!) via these Chinese construction firms, to all that Chinese dosh, and he's not forgotten about us pal. AND you never know, Wolves just been confirmed sold to the Chinese.

I was excited to see this on the news, one billion over 60 years, a quarter of a billion this next three years, biggest Chinese investment in the UK outside London - so far so good ..... and then it was reported that SCC will be responsible for distributing and spending the money. The oddballs, housewives and pensioners who make up our cllrs will have the power just as they did with the EU funding.

I really hope the Chinese are hands on with this because if there is one thing SCC does well it's waste money.

100% agree Kat.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchouro View Post
    I was excited to see this on the news, one billion over 60 years, a quarter of a billion this next three years, biggest Chinese investment in the UK outside London - so far so good ..... and then it was reported that SCC will be responsible for distributing and spending the money. The oddballs, housewives and pensioners who make up our cllrs will have the power just as they did with the EU funding.

I really hope the Chinese are hands on with this because if there is one thing SCC does well it's waste money.
    Good point Katch. Saw the council leader (Julie Dawes?) on the news last night already spending the money. Very worrying. Like you say, I hope the Chinese have a grip and also have their own strings attached.