+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Laptop problem

Angry Laptop problem

Watched the game and the Maribor game on a stream last night, now since this morning I can't open most sites (inc this one) on my Google Chrome browser. The site opens only for a Bet365 add to take it's place, try again and you get a fake google add trying to get a download sh1t, next maybe a fake windows add to download software to get rid of viruses, and even one that locks everything up with a yank woman telling me to call the number below to get rid of the Zeus virus.
    I'm not about to download f u c k all that comes up in a pop up or call any scam number so I uninstall all google related stuff, downloaded and ran Malwarebytes and reinstalled google but it's not got rid of it. It works without a problem on Internet Explorer so it has to be something related to Google Chrome? Any suggestions as Im so used to Chrome and this IE is nae the best. Most pissed off and probably wont chance streaming sites again.

(Using Avira Free Antivirus which looks to have been compromised as has my ad blocker in Chrome for these pop up screens)

Simply take your laptop. Smash it to bits, dig a pit, stick the remains in, set fire to it then build a block of flats on it.

My parents had something similar

Look in your PC Downloads there will be stuff there and settings on Chrome it will take a while to weed out all the sh1te that you now have running around the laptop and browser.

Cvnts

Are you able to install an antivirus.

I recommend AVG, I had a similar problem before and I installed a few antivirus but it was AVG that kicked the computer back into life.

Use Firefox instead of Chrome.

And don't watch dodgy streams.

I has something similar a while back. Have you had a right good look through your 'add/remove programs' list? There will most likely be some program in there that you don't recognise. If you are not sure try 'sorting' them by install date and look at the most recent ones. You can also click on chromes 'tools' button in the top right corner or it could be the 3 horizontal lines and go to settings and check what is set as your default homepage. If it something that is not familiar you should be able to disable it there.

If that doesn't work there is loads of you tube videos from people who know a lot more than me that will help you.

Have Installed AVG and Malwarebytes and then reinstaled Chrome and now I can get on here but each time I change a page i have to put up with blocked site warnings and hit the cross that appears in the bottom left of screen to make the page appear, better than nothing I suppose.
    My Laptop wont run Firefox for some reason? Checked for the blocked programmes named when the malware bytes blocks them, one is called usg.spiessummarising.com, the other nan.mashfsttest.com, Looked for them in add remove progs and google tools with no luck.

I'm sure you will have already but just in case, have you checked through all installed programmes? Listing by recently installed.

It's not just a case of deleting programmes with these things. There will be files f.ucking about with the registry. You need to get some sort of registry cleaner . CC cleaner is quite good.
    Sounds like you've downloaded something to watch the stream.

Cheers folks , tried all the above with no luck, even managed to get Firefox going which worked okay apart from I canna mind most of my passwords I uninstalled Google Chrome and browser but they reappeared weirdly when i was running CC Cleaner??? My next thoughts are seeing as Im all to pot anyway should I take this chance to use the free upgrade to windows 10? Might that clear the problem also?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast