+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats your musical preferences?

Big Tamla Motown lover. Playing more of it as I get older. Think it's nostalgia and bringing back good memories.

Love listening to Andrea Bocelli in quieter moments.

Bee Gees music a big favourite.

Have a look at this Spanish style version of the same song - marvellous.

https://youtu.be/j1q4-tzMI28

Quote Originally Posted by CaspertheClaret View Post
    Have a look at this Spanish style version of the same song - marvellous.

https://youtu.be/j1q4-tzMI28

certainly appreciate the talent....but something missing for me...sterile ?

--

Last edited by Norder; 22-07-2016 at 11:27 PM. Reason: vid to near response may cause possible confusion

Soul, Northern, Motown, Blues and Jazz. The avatar gives it away I guess?

Al Bowlly, Rachmaninov, Mozart, John Barry, Beethoven and Richard Wagner.

I also like The Big O, 60s and 70s music including T Rex, Rod Stewart, Pink Floyd and Queen.

I am also quite partial the music of Astor Piazolla.

Quite diverse really.

Very diverse OTR
    Rod Stewart despite the fact that he comes across as a bit of a comedy figure and did have some really dodgy songs in the 80s/90s, did have one of the best voices in rock in his early days.

As someone else has stated, "anything that touches me at the time" ranging from slow jazz, pop, Floyd, Zep Soul, Dire, Classical, indian, even lift music if I'm in the mood, never rap, garage or Country music.

I used to like Leonard Cohen in my younger days, not for his voice as he never could sing but his words touch me, I have a DVD of him at London's O2 in 2008 that I play every few weeks.

from.....Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by CaspertheClaret View Post
    I never really got Kate! I mean as a ****age lad when Kate did her stuff on moors and in leotards and with swords and ****, I got that obviously but musically she never really touched me.

Just spent the last hour seriously doing a bit of reseach and I kind of get her a bit more now. I wouldn't say she is someone that I feel really pushed boundaries in terms of music however I am sure she has subconsciously inspired a whole host of artists from a performing arts/visual arts point of view.

I still think she was fit as **** though!

Same here Casper.....appreciated her artistry....but she wasn't heavy enough for me back then....not enough for her fill a place on the bedroom wall....or my denim
    Brought through with the assistance of Dave Gilmour....learnt the art of mime from Lindsay Kemp...as did Bowie, and something we wouldn't find through a little search....or perhaps even a big one - in the early days....she was paranoid about her nasolabial folds...or smile lines.

Lyrically....continually penetrating the veil.

Wow.

When the actor reaches his death,
    You know it's not for real. He just holds his breath.
    But he always dives too soon, too fast to save himself.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Norder; 29-08-2016 at 09:00 PM. Reason: words

Her nasolabial folds are part of her beauty! Her insecurity about them are part of a common trait of youth which when continues into adulthood can be considered to be a Mental Health issue.

I never got the feeling from Kate that she tried too hard to be different but rather that difference was what made her Kate. That as an Icon works ala Morrisson/Bowie/Buckley/Mitchell et al. What she lacks is cutting edge in terms of enduring shaping of the future of rock and roll but she never claimed to be a revolutionary.

The Kinks for me and Jerry Lee Lewis ..Also I'm a massive massive fan of northern soul music ..

Ray Davis is a living legend for the Kinks

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)