+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T Coral

O/T Coral

Had a glitch on their website this morning which reversed the odds of Barca/Real winning the title and getting relegated. Managed to get £5 on each at 1500-1 to win La liga!
    Do you think they will honour it?? Me neither.
    Last edited by CAMiller; 23-07-2016 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tony260674 View Post
    Had a glitch on their website this morning which reversed the odds of Barca/Real winning the title and getting relegated. Managed to get £5 on each at 1500-1 to win La liga!
    Do you think they will honour it?? Me neither.
    Thing is Tony.... how do they get away with it?
    They openly advertised the bet took your cash so a deal was cemented by both parties...

It's no different to pricing an item up in a store...if the description of the sale ticket 100% matches the make model colour etc then a store is legally bound to sell you that item at the price shown unless they can prove the ticket has been tampered with.... once they realise it's priced wrong they can refuse to sell more and remove the price for 28 days.... I think you've got the right to challenge it...

They'll honour it but Athletico will win the title ;-)

Coral will not honour the bet.

Their t&cs give them the get out by saying that if there is a mistake in pricing judged by the price offered being out of sync with the general market then the bet is void.

I have recent experience with this with Coral..They gave me a free £25 bet after a lot of hassle.

With regard to Brin's comments...A sale ticket does not create a contract to sell and the retailer can back out of the sale at anytime before the sale actually takes place.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Thing is Tony.... how do they get away with it?
    They openly advertised the bet took your cash so a deal was cemented by both parties...

It's no different to pricing an item up in a store...if the description of the sale ticket 100% matches the make model colour etc then a store is legally bound to sell you that item at the price shown unless they can prove the ticket has been tampered with.... once they realise it's priced wrong they can refuse to sell more and remove the price for 28 days.... I think you've got the right to challenge it...
    That is not actually correct Brin. Please look up 'invitation to treat'

Quote Originally Posted by tony260674 View Post
    That is not actually correct Brin. Please look up 'invitation to treat'
    Yes brin, tony seems to be right on this one. Mind you I would have agreed with you on the initial glance, but once reading in depth as per Kempo... well.