+ Visit Arbroath FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lichties V Aberdeen

Lichties V Aberdeen

Hi Folks,

First time posting here so excuse the mess

Thoughts on todays game?

Personally, we played OK and linked up brilliantly at times. We seem to have a good bunch who are hungry and eager to learn.

Young Josh Thomson struggled today at left back for me. Far too suspect and gave away possession too many times. We need a left back as since Jordan Lowdon left, its a struggle to find a good replacment. Gary Phillips has played there before but I reckon hes more effective on the wing, especially after today.

Overall: A disappointing result but we deserved our goal for the effort we put in and I certainly cannot wait for the opener against Berwick.

Cheers,
    Lichties_Lad

Think Hammy will be left back for opener also looking forward to Berwick game. A lot of the teams in this division have really stepped up to the mark, I wonder if it is because of the trap door at the bottom of the league at end of season.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbroath1 View Post
    Think Hammy will be left back for opener also looking forward to Berwick game. A lot of the teams in this division have really stepped up to the mark, I wonder if it is because of the trap door at the bottom of the league at end of season.
    Hopefully get the position sorted out sooner rather than later. Aye, a lot of teams have really stepped it up as you've hit the nail on the head with the trap door. We have to do a lot better than last season and I am confident we will with the group of players we have.

We played quite well against a strong Aberdeen side without ever looking to get the better of them. At last I'm glad to have something positive to say about David Gold. He had a much better second half than first and took his goal well, so well done to him.
    Shame that Scott retaliated to the slap(?) from Pawlett, there isn't any need for that in a nothing at stake, pre-season friendly.

I guess Scott and Little will be banned for Wednesday's game v Cowdenbeath and suspect the defence will be the same as yesterday but with Hamilton in place of Little and maybe Mutch in goal. Probably McCord, Linn, Kader, Prunty, Doris and Callaghan completing the line up.

Put it this way we are 100 x better off than the start of last season where we had Coult as our lone striker.😀

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)