+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Good win in the friendlies

Good win in the friendlies

Redmond got two as well. Seems the new signings all did well. Charlie Austin got one and Hojbjerg slotted away a penalty. Good signs. Only Zwolle I know, but it has to start some where.

Austin not injured yet? There is hope for us yet!

Yeah that will help a lot if we can get at least 30 games a season out of him. I can see him, Jay, Shane, Dusan and Redmond terrorising defences if all fit.

That will be the test. Fitness of our best players.
    Personally think it's time some of the younger players got their chance to step up. It's their time to shine as I can't see us signing little known foreigners at vastly inflated prices. No bad thing imo. I hate agents !

Quote Originally Posted by kernow View Post
    That will be the test. Fitness of our best players.
    Personally think it's time some of the younger players got their chance to step up. It's their time to shine as I can't see us signing little known foreigners at vastly inflated prices. No bad thing imo. I hate agents !
    Yeah man, I agree. i would like to see more of Reed and Jack Stephens for starters. I still think and hope they are looking for a new CB and GK as we are a bit light on cover there (assuming Stephens struggles to make the jump). But I think midfield and forward lines are quite exciting.