+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Asparagus Pi$$ Syndrome

Asparagus Pi$$ Syndrome

When I was in the UK I went to dinner one night with friends, I had Sea Bass on a bed of green veggies which at the time,I wasn't really paying attention, I assumed were cut green beans. Turns out they were asparagus and delicious. Anyway 15 mins later went for a pi$$ and oh my god the smell was horrendous, like a cross between a bad fart and rotting cabbage.

Apparently I am one of the people that have the gene that allows them to smell this awful stink. The Asparagus has the same effect on everybody's digestive system with the same result but it is only us select few that have the ability to smell it.

Anyone else out there got the gift?

Related article in link.

Extract from article:

French novelist Marcel Proust famously wrote in 1913 that asparagus "transforms my chamber-pot into a flask of perfume." And one British men's club is said to have put up a sign reading, "During the asparagus season, members are requested not to relieve themselves in the hat stand."

http://tinyurl.com/pn7u8sg

In a word, yes! I still love asparagus though.

Quote Originally Posted by Robus View Post
    In a word, yes! I still love asparagus though.
    How about that! It's nice to know that I am not alone with this infliction.

This has long been used as a quick way of determining whether your genetic makeup can or cannot recognise those malodorant waste compounds. Another even easier "test" was to check whether you can roll your tongue into a tubular shape or not. In fact we now know that with practise and the right environment this can sometimes be achieved by "non-rollers", indicating that - rather like Spock's Vulcan hand salute - it is not genetic, but can be learned.

I wish I COULD smell asparagus urine, no matter how horrid. When you are anosmic (totally zero sense of smell) like me, you welcome ANY aroma, no matter how awful - at least you are functioning on all five senses, which I would consider a luxury!

I can smell my asparagus piss but I don't think it's quite that wretched. So maybe it's just placebo.

Eat asparagus at least once a week though.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    This has long been used as a quick way of determining whether your genetic makeup can or cannot recognise those malodorant waste compounds. Another even easier "test" was to check whether you can roll your tongue into a tubular shape or not. In fact we now know that with practise and the right environment this can sometimes be achieved by "non-rollers", indicating that - rather like Spock's Vulcan hand salute - it is not genetic, but can be learned.

I wish I COULD smell asparagus urine, no matter how horrid. When you are anosmic (totally zero sense of smell) like me, you welcome ANY aroma, no matter how awful - at least you are functioning on all five senses, which I would consider a luxury!
    Tunna, I have allways had the ablity to make my tongue into a tubular shape which has been much appreciated by my my girlfriends and wives.

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    Tunna, I have allways had the ablity to make my tongue into a tubular shape which has been much appreciated by my my girlfriends and wives.
    Probably because it was bigger than yer Dick!!

Quote Originally Posted by Evewolf65 View Post
    Probably because it was bigger than yer Dick!!
    Thank you sir for those few kind words! A healthy contribution to what is an intelligent, informative and intellectually stimulating thread.

Jeez, I wish the season would hurry up and start!!

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    Thank you sir for those few kind words! A healthy contribution to what is an intelligent, informative and intellectually stimulating thread.

Jeez, I wish the season would hurry up and start!!

Soz couldn't help it mate you kinda set it up!!

Quote Originally Posted by Evewolf65 View Post
    Soz couldn't help it mate you kinda set it up!!
    I know mate, there are some opportunities you just can't let go by.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)