+ Visit Sheffield Wednesday FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lewis McGugan given a free

Lewis McGugan given a free

Yep, that's right.

Boss Carlos Carvalhal explained: ““Lewis is a very good player and can play in a lot of teams in the Championship but he has difficulties playing our game.

“Sometimes these kind of things happen in football. It’s not a question of attitude or the value of the player.

“He doesn’t have the requirements that we want for our team so it’s better for all of us that he must play and be happy. For players to be happy, they must play. It’s better that Lewis finds a club where he can be happy. I’m absolutely sure he will find another club because he’s a good player.”

Carlos being very diplomatic there, I think we all know that McGugan's poor attitude was a key aspect of this decision. He's toxic.

Now rov - do you have anything you want to say to me?

Law of averages dictates that you were going to call something right eventually, Katch!

It’s a shame you don’t start threads about the ones you called wrong (e.g. play-offs, Carlos, Chansiri etc.) instead of squirming and moving goal posts isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Rotherhamowl10 View Post
    Law of averages dictates that you were going to call something right eventually, Katch!
    I'm sure there's a compliment in there somewhere so I'll take it.

The only thing I can remember getting wrong is stating that Wickham wouldn't score that many on his second loan. Other than that my predictions and commentary on Wednesday have been outstandingly accurate.

My opinion on McGugan wasn't uninformed though, any Forest fan can tell you he has a flawed character. It seems I listen to other fans' opinions whereas you try to belittle them. I hope you've learnt a lesson rov.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchouro View Post

The only thing I can remember getting wrong is stating that Wickham wouldn't score that many on his second loan. Other than that my predictions and commentary on Wednesday have been outstandingly accurate.

My opinion on McGugan wasn't uninformed though, any Forest fan can tell you he has a flawed character. It seems I listen to other fans' opinions whereas you try to belittle them. I hope you've learnt a lesson rov.

Kinell Katch, good job you're not a Wednesday fan otherwise Ravvers would be all over your comments calling you an arrogant two hat & that sort of thing..

"Lewis McGugan given a free"
    Load of bollox, where does it say that?

Another goal post shift coming up me thinks.

You said Carlos would be gone by Christmas.

You said Adkins was the man to get the blunts promoted.

You said we wouldn't get in the play-offs.

And these were just the predictions I remember off the top of my head!

Quote Originally Posted by Rotherhamowl10 View Post
    1- You said Carlos would be gone by Christmas.

2 - You said Adkins was the man to get the blunts promoted.

3 - You said we wouldn't get in the play-offs.

And these were just the predictions I remember off the top of my head!

You're still doing this? Really? OK, (1) I said Kickaball would be gone if his results didn't improve, they did; (2) I did think that but that's nothing to do with my Wednesday predictions; (3) I said that on the basis of the squad you had at the time, Kickaball was given funds to allow him to push into the top 6.

Now how about the things I did get right, here's a few - Mammadov, Roeder not lasting, Hull beating you in the final, Stevie May being a flop, Marco Matias not being compatible with Championship football, Barry Bannan being a good signing!

You just don't like it that I called it right on McGugan and you were, once again, spectacularly wrong.

You're still doing this? Really? OK, (1) I said Kickaball would be gone if his results didn't improve, they did; (2) I did think that but that's nothing to do with my Wednesday predictions; (3) I said that on the basis of the squad you had at the time, Kickaball was given funds to allow him to push into the top 6.

Now how about the things I did get right, here's a few - Mammadov, Roeder not lasting, Hull beating you in the final, Stevie May being a flop, Marco Matias not being compatible with Championship football, Barry Bannan being a good signing!

You just don't like it that I called it right on McGugan and you were, once again, spectacularly wrong.
    I can't be fussed to look it up but I'm sure the first thing you said about the signing of our Baz was "the oddity that is Bannan"...also, Matias hasn't had a real go at it yet so early days still for him....Mammadov, yeah, dodged a bullet there....Roeder, irrelevant....Hull, wishful thinking on your part, you could never have tipped Wednesday & lastly McGugan, you were hoping he wouldn't fit in, we were hoping otherwise, simple stuff really.

Soz, forgot Stevie May, wasn't a total flop, didn't score enough goals granted but I think he would have come good, sort of...in the end he paid for Antonio to come to us, so cheers for that Stevie lad.

You started a thread gloating that you called something right.

I’m simply pointing out that you’ve also had your fair share of incorrect predictions – there’s a reason you’re the butt of everyone's jokes on here when it comes to predictions you know!

And now you do what you do best; move goalposts.

I can’t recall you saying anything positive about SWFC or any of our signings – your cringe worthy hatred doesn’t allow it.

All I know is that we are signing Premiership calibre players while you lot are scouring the footballing hotbeds of Oldham and Bury. It's difficult to return the favour and make a call on the blades' signings when I've never heard of 'em

Didn't Marco Matias score the goal of the season last season...Yep.

Oh, by the way...Leon fckin Clarke....hahahahahaha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)