+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Jez Moxey

Jez Moxey

Over the past six**** years Jez Moxey has suffered 'dogs abuse' from many followers of our football club. In my humble, opinion most of the abuse has been totally misplaced and unnecessary. Much has been repeated 'bar gossip', spewed out while under the influence, and repeated by those who cannot reason or think for themselves.

We have all seen other clubs struggle through irresponsible spending, bowing to appease frustrated fans. The same fans are now supporting clubs in lower divisions after financial calamities.

I am prepared to accept that Mr moxey is not everyones cup of tea, but at the same time he has always had the best interests of the club at heart.

Sir Jack was no idiot, and neither was, or is, Steve Morgan. Do people honestly think that they would have employed a CEO who was not good at his job? We can all look at a few transfer deals that have not come off, and a few that turned sour, but look at some of the deals that heve been done, and the profits that have been made when selling players.

Everyone on here who is employed, is in work because someone, somewhere is doing exactly what Jez Moxey has been doing, keeping the company in the black.

The fact that Wolves were solvent, with a top class academy and facilities, has made the club a very attractive commodity to potential purchasers. The new owners have looked at, I believe, around twenty five clubs, but choose to invest in Wolves.

Much credit for this must go down to Jez, and I for one will be sorry to see him go. Personally I do not think he will be out of work for long.

What the future holds for Wolves, we don't know, but I like most are looking forward to see.

Well Abbo, I admire the fact that you're prepared to stick your head above the parapet / swim against the tide. I think that most of what you say is factually true. However I have to say that seeing your best players (e.g. Fletcher, Jarvis etc.) leave the club for what APPEARS to be solely financial gain AND not be replaced on a like-for-like basis is exceptionally galling. I don't think any of us will ACTUALLY know how much of that was down to Moxey, It remains to be seen a) what Moxey does at Norwich and b) what Moxey's replacement does at Wolves. However it seems that in the later case the new CFO? will be cutting his coat from a higher quality cloth.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfiebill View Post
    Well Abbo, I admire the fact that you're prepared to stick your head above the parapet / swim against the tide. I think that most of what you say is factually true. However I have to say that seeing your best players (e.g. Fletcher, Jarvis etc.) leave the club for what APPEARS to be solely financial gain AND not be replaced on a like-for-like basis is exceptionally galling. I don't think any of us will ACTUALLY know how much of that was down to Moxey, It remains to be seen a) what Moxey does at Norwich and b) what Moxey's replacement does at Wolves. However it seems that in the later case the new CFO? will be cutting his coat from a higher quality cloth.

Wolfiebill, with reference to Jarvis and Fletcher, I think it was them wanting to leave rather than for financial gain by the club. Once they had indicated that they wanted out, it was up to the club to get as much money as possible for them. In all honesty neither have really pulled up many trees as a result of lucrative moves.

I think Jez did a very good job of doing what he was told. We may not have always liked what he was told to do, but he did it.

I think Jez is smart in leaving. Would have more job security at Norwich than here. If things go badly this season on the pitch, he could be the fall man for the new regime. Can't blame him for leaving.

I hope Wolverhampton Wanderers can do similar to Stoke City after Moxey departed their club, onwards and upwards.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)