+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Little help required

Little help required

It's good to be back posting on here - for those who don't know me I'm StandFreeEd, real name Craig, and I've been editor of Aberdeen Mad for 12 years. Lifelong Dons fan, been going to Pittodrie since the late 1970s, blah blah blah.

A while back I took a step back from posting on the forum and concentrated on editing Aberdeen Mad plus expanding the site's social media audience. But social media is riddled with flaws and I'm missing the forum community - after all, this is the community that raised over £500 for Norman Goldie, funded displays and contains everything from serious and passionate discussions amongst Dons fans of various backgrounds, ages and locations about what's best for the club to buying bargain Lacoste trainers and how to jetski across the North Sea. And you can use more than 140 f cking characters to do it (unlike Twitter), and everyone in your intended audience sees your post (unlike Facebook).

So... How do you use this f ckin new forum then?

Its simple Ed, but more importantly..........

As Buc has pointed out, how do we entice posters back here, a wee bit threadbare at the moment.

We need to aim for that second paragraph you have just written.

Also you can only use 140 words on twitter. What a sh@te invention. How would i manage my highland league reports in such a small space, or my Donington review or even fall out with other posters

Quote Originally Posted by StandFreeEd View Post
    It's good to be back posting on here - for those who don't know me I'm StandFreeEd, real name Craig, and I've been editor of Aberdeen Mad for 12 years. Lifelong Dons fan, been going to Pittodrie since the late 1970s, blah blah blah.

A while back I took a step back from posting on the forum and concentrated on editing Aberdeen Mad plus expanding the site's social media audience. But social media is riddled with flaws and I'm missing the forum community - after all, this is the community that raised over £500 for Norman Goldie, funded displays and contains everything from serious and passionate discussions amongst Dons fans of various backgrounds, ages and locations about what's best for the club to buying bargain Lacoste trainers and how to jetski across the North Sea. And you can use more than 140 f cking characters to do it (unlike Twitter), and everyone in your intended audience sees your post (unlike Facebook).

Welcome back Ed min I only post once in a blue moon nowadays, I wonder if you being back will mean the return of bigredbill and his one man crusade against that two hearts clowns, ah the memories

I'll get used to it I'm sure. I need to find the yalla and reid cairds first...

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Its simple Ed, but more importantly..........

As Buc has pointed out, how do we entice posters back here, a wee bit threadbare at the moment.

We need to aim for that second paragraph you have just written.

Also you can only use 140 words on twitter. What a sh@te invention. How would i manage my highland league reports in such a small space, or my Donington review or even fall out with other posters
    characters, not words!

Bloody hell thats even sh@ter than first thought

Twitter sounds like a bunch of crap

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Bloody hell thats even sh@ter than first thought

Twitter sounds like a bunch of crap
    The people on it think it's really important.

No, wait. The people on it think THEY'RE really important.

aye there are deffo folk in twitter that are like that.. I've still to work out whether its as important as some say/like to think. it is a great tool though. its like being in a pub having a debate. inky you can choose the patrons you debate with. there's rumours the 140 character limits going. which apparently it is, although nobody knows when.

that may hurt this forum even more. ...

this place has always been where I've looked for Dons info. lurked for years before posting. as I said other day I'd found myself in the hat more and more recently, lurking like, as there was more info over there. It'd be a real shame if this place doesn't pick up again...

Quote Originally Posted by StandFreeEd View Post

Welcome back, Craig. Looking forward to some quality moderation on this site ... some of the posters are truly out of control ....

Quote Originally Posted by sonnetti View Post
    Welcome back Ed min I only post once in a blue moon nowadays, I wonder if you being back will mean the return of bigredbill and his one man crusade against that two hearts clowns, ah the memories
    Hahaha - I wonder if I've any images of horse-face and fried-egg eyes on the hard disk somewhere...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast