+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pele, Costa and Silvio Expected To Sign For Wolves

Pele, Costa and Silvio Expected To Sign For Wolves

According to the Express and Star all three players are likely to make the move to Wolves. As long as they're all an improvement on what's already at the club, i don't think it will be that difficult.

More Info Click Here

Hope they do not fill the squad with Portuguese cast offs, we need to have a bit of balance in there. Are these players that Kenny Jackett actually wants, or are we going down the same road where he is given players he doesn't know what to do with (Joe Mason) ?

In reality I don't think he knows what to do with a lot of the players, but that is largely down to him!

Glad they're moving quickly. But I worry about fit.

Would be very happy with Silvio though. We need some experience in the squad.

Plus we still need a striker.....Don't you think Thelwell and Jacket being undermined he (Jacket that is) won't know what to do with them, no doubt leave em on the bench like he did Mason....Maybe Mendes should be in charge instead of Jacket....Just seen also we in the running to sign Anderson Talisca also Benfica to the tune of £16.8 million ahead of Liverpool ...

It's very early days yet with the Fosun takeover so these are just the first 3 players of according to Jeff Shi 5-8 players he will be bringing in. I am sure after talking with Jackett he will be bringing a striker in so lets have a bit of optimism. So far we have a defensive midfielder in Pele who is on a permanent deal. We have a left-winger in Costa on loan who can play on the right aswell as attacking midfield and an experienced full back Silvio who is also on loan from Benfica. I am in the minority of the 47% who would like to give Kenny Jackett a chance of working with our new signings as he knows the Wolves set up inside out and is an honest footballing man not afraid to point out our weaknesses to Jeff Shi and the fans.
    It's very early days yet in a transition of the history of this club we could only dream about 6 months ago. So lets have a bit of positivity!!

Quote Originally Posted by kensleftfoot View Post
    It's very early days yet with the Fosun takeover so these are just the first 3 players of according to Jeff Shi 5-8 players he will be bringing in. I am sure after talking with Jackett he will be bringing a striker in so lets have a bit of optimism. So far we have a defensive midfielder in Pele who is on a permanent deal. We have a left-winger in Costa on loan who can play on the right aswell as attacking midfield and an experienced full back Silvio who is also on loan from Benfica. I am in the minority of the 47% who would like to give Kenny Jackett a chance of working with our new signings as he knows the Wolves set up inside out and is an honest footballing man not afraid to point out our weaknesses to Jeff Shi and the fans.
    It's very early days yet in a transition of the history of this club we could only dream about 6 months ago. So lets have a bit of positivity!!
    Well said KLF. Things will happen a lot faster than the take-over. I'm all for being patient, sitting back and seeing what develops. We are looking at Fosun being serious about the Wolves project and I am quite happy to wait and see how we progress.

Quote Originally Posted by lesleywolf View Post
    Plus we still need a striker.....Don't you think Thelwell and Jacket being undermined he (Jacket that is) won't know what to do with them, no doubt leave em on the bench like he did Mason....Maybe Mendes should be in charge instead of Jacket....Just seen also we in the running to sign Anderson Talisca also Benfica to the tune of £16.8 million ahead of Liverpool ...
    The story about Talisca is being reported in Portugese newspapers according to the Daily Mail. His work permit has already been applied for.

Helder Costa has signed on loan and it's looking likely Silvio could be the next player to join. The Pele deal seems like it's not going to happen.

Costa Story Click Here

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by wolves71 View Post
    Helder Costa has signed on loan and it's looking likely Silvio could be the next player to join. The Pele deal seems like it's not going to happen.

Costa Story Click Here
    Oh Well, in the words of Meatloaf '2 out of 3 ain't bad'. Costa is important as he can play on the left-wing and an experienced full-back ain't bad. I'm sure Jackett has filled Jeff Shi in from his team talk after the Port Vale game that we desperately need a creative central midfielder and a goalscorer but his main concern was lack of left sided players. It's great news that we are going in for far more quality players of the likes of Talisca. I am sitting back now confident we will bring in the players we need as it is imperative for us to be playing in the Prem with the ground completed for Fosun to start making serious money which is what they are all about.
    Let the good times roll.
    Last edited by kensleftfoot; 29-07-2016 at 06:59 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)