+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Get yer wallet out TS

Honestly, I'm completely baffled by any sort of positivity towards our current situation. And even more so by negativity to those who are just highlighting the blatantly obvious. Our squad is threadbare to say the least. If we do get more players in then they are going to take time to settle. This time should have been during pre season, so for me we can basically write off the first 4 or 5 games.

The thread about a 23 man squad really wound me up last week. A squad made up of kids who will never be any good based on the law of averages. 1 Striker, a few left over rejects from last season.

I appreciate that we need fewer of more quality rather than loads of rubbish, but this current situation is laughable. I reluctantly agree with the opening post. Oh and this isn't a reaction to any friendly games as they mean absolutely nothing.
    Last edited by TMiller; 27-07-2016 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Back of the net View Post
    You're stating your opinion which like me you're entitled to.

It's not facts just your opinion.

I find it boring yes just my opinion not a fact are you following me ?

Maybe this season will turn out to be a disaster who knows I agree we need players.

If I'm a happy clapper ok I can live with that but I'll be there home and away.

Personally I think we should judge the situation in a few weeks in terms of what's been spent and who we've got in just my opinion not a fact.

UTM
    No actually,everything i wrote about the players is factual,do you understand?We know you go to nearly every game,you tell us every week,but thanks for reminding us Pocket.

I don't recall feeling so nonplus about a season.

The lack of signings of note that will be of long term benefit to the club haven't happened.

As for TS getting his money out I have always thought as being ungrateful for what he's done for the club but now because he has continually stated in the press that he wants us to push on can't happen unless he spends his or the clubs money.

However it must be done so that we don't get into financial difficulties! I'm not sure if anyone on MM has seen the books for our club therefore I don't know if we have money to spend

Kempo, Zil ect... you've got to be the man, you adore the attention. Have you been this season. How can you talk. I've been. I've already put a thread up but you in your ignorance have to start another one saying the same thing. Millertop is right to many threads saying the same thing.

Say it again we need 6 players in ready to play. Not who haven't played in months. Grant Ward is one. Forde wasn't impressed sat'. A 1st choice Right back. A left back who can cover for Mattock but good enough if he gets his chance to grab the shirt. A centre back with abit of pace, not Liam Moore who hasn't played for over 6 months. 2 Forwards who've done done pre-season with there present clubs. Not La Fondre or Agard. Could do with some height & presence up front. Not has-been's or journeymen.

We have got some good players. Foster-Caskey & Vaulks two good additions. Camp, Broadfoot, a fit Mattock & Frecks. They'll start against Wolves if fit. Then see who we bring in.

Quote Originally Posted by shshsh22 View Post
    No actually,everything i wrote about the players is factual,do you understand?We know you go to nearly every game,you tell us every week,but thanks for reminding us Pocket.
    Who is pocket?

Yes we need players, yes the season starts in less than 2 weeks. We don't get relegated at that point.

Ways to go yet.

AS taking his time, players coming in. What's to worry about? Frustrating yes, end of the world, no

Quote Originally Posted by PeteWaller View Post
    Yes we need players, yes the season starts in less than 2 weeks. We don't get relegated at that point.

Ways to go yet.

AS taking his time, players coming in. What's to worry about? Frustrating yes, end of the world, no
    My thoughts exactly. If we get 1 strilker in before the start of the season, I don't think we are that far away. Light, but like you said the season doesn't end when we kick off for the new season and neither does the transfer window.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLeedsMiller View Post
    My thoughts exactly. If we get 1 strilker in before the start of the season, I don't think we are that far away. Light, but like you said the season doesn't end when we kick off for the new season and neither does the transfer window.
    we are miles away! we have a tiny squad and most of the players we do have are poor. It's not just frustrating, it's poor preparation and borderline unprofessional.

Fully agree with TMmiller....It's ridiculous to be optimistic...on what evidence?

It's terrible preparation for an upcoming season which is less than 2 weeks away.

We have a team that is way below Championship standards and it's clear that we are not prepared to pay the going rate for the required standard.

Writing UTM..inTS we trust...Kempo and his other names is not really an argument for positivity.

It's important to get off to a good start this season or we will already be in a struggle after the first few games.

All the evidence is suggesting that we are in big trouble and struggling to get a squad together....We should have had a squad assembled several weeks ago so we could have been well forward in preparations at this stage....anyone who thinks different is frankly on the stupid side.

Still no striker of any note in the squad and the Wolves game nearly here...We are in big trouble and will soon be desperate.

Maybe we are awaiting the car boot money or free KP nut samples!

Blind faith and derogatory comments is not a reasonable argument.

The transfer window closes at the end of August.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast