+ Visit Southampton FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saints in the Paint Pot

Quote Originally Posted by BlueAdder View Post
    Pompey fans are talking of boycotting the whole idea of Prem 'B' team games, so doubt they would be up for your suggested final.
    But imagine if you will, playing that final and losing it. You would never ever ever live it down. Best avoided I think.

And what satisfaction is there for you in progressing past Charlton, Colchester and Crawley. Absolute waste of time.
    Chatting to one of your following the other day. He said that Pompey losing to Saints' boys would be unimaginable and something best avoided. He wasn't happy about Premiership academy sides in the competition. Playoffs aside, it's the only opportunity for a potential trip to Wembley for third and fourth tier clubs.

To be honest, it's the only opportunity for a potential trip to Wembley for most Prem clubs too. After all, how many times you been there in the last 40 years????

Be interesting to see how serious the Prem teams take it. Theoretically they can play five over 21 players in each team, I'd be surprised if they do though. It'll only take a couple of expensive youngsters getting injured for the Prem boys to pull out. I give it 2 seasons max.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12