+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jacketts gone

Jacketts gone

That didn't take longhttp://www.wolves.co.uk/news/

Quote Originally Posted by TheDing View Post
    That didn't take longhttp://www.wolves.co.uk/news/
    from a baggie.a decent bloke who deserved a chance with your new owners.brucey imo a shoe in,knows how to get out of that division but poor in the prem

Ive nowt against the Donkey jacket either, its a sad case of the new owners showing no respect or loyalty to the man whatsoever.
    Is it true that Steve Bruce is one of your clubs new targets ?

I don't mind if new owners want to go a different route and find their own manager. But why keep him a few days and say he will still be manager and sack him now? I think he deserved a more professional response.

Didn't think he was gonna lead us to great things, but he always seemed like a nice man and he brought us a couple seasons of entertainment in his first two seasons with Wolves.

Not for one second have I believed Jackett would survive the new regime! For one, I don't take any notice of the rumour mill, and for two, I don't believe the news headlines. it's reading between the headlines that gives me a gut feeling of the truth and I found there was plenty more substance through the broadsheets last month than the pathetic reporting from our local rag the E&S. That in itself is embarrassing! Considering the usual format for spot on local information is what guides the 'nationals' this makes Tim Spiers from the E&S look like a clueless tool. For weeks the Telegraph, a responsible and careful paper imo, stuck with line that the new Spanish Manager Julen Lopetegui was our new owners preferred choice! Actually although that didn't happen, the man himself, and, Jeff Shi have openly admitted it was a very close deal. So here's a question. Why on earth would Kenny Jackett seriously be in the new owners thoughts after that revelation? Sorry, but it just didn't add up.

Secondly, with it now being clear that Jorges Menes the 'super agent', being highly influential in the takeover and a 'friend' of the new consortium, also now admitted, it seemed quite clear who was going to be fronting our purchasing interests. Both of those have been widely speculated, neither have been denied and either one made Jackett's position untenable.

It's a new dawn at Molineux, with a new regime and they are clearing the decks! Of course we are still unsure at the moment regarding just how serious and just how much clout they have but we will do! By the close of the transfer window window at the end of August.
    Last edited by theplater; 30-07-2016 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA53 View Post
    from a baggie.a decent bloke who deserved a chance with your new owners.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Ive nowt against the Donkey jacket either, its a sad case of the new owners showing no respect or loyalty to the man whatsoever.
    Quote Originally Posted by MichiganWolf View Post
    Didn't think he was gonna lead us to great things, but he always seemed like a nice man and he brought us a couple seasons of entertainment in his first two seasons with Wolves.

I'm glad he's gone and welcome the new broom approach.

The above comments could be (and were) said of Mick McCarthy in his first couple of seasons, and there were too many deja-vu parallels between him and Kenny for my liking. Onwards and upwards from here (I hope!!!)

Of course I will have to construct a new fickleometer, mind

Plates, I completely agree with the idea that he wasn't taken too seriously by the new owners. Even if he started the season, I thought he'd get maaaaaybe 10 matches.

But I do think they should have said at the pressed something to the tune of "we are evaluating his position." Or just sacked him immediately on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Is it true that Steve Bruce is one of your clubs new targets ?
    I think Bruce is probably a candidate that they'll look at (if they don't already have someone in mind) but I'd place by bets on a foreign manager. Probably someone from Portugal

You didn't need to be a genius to to understand that with the amount of investment being talked about, that a relatively high profile manager/head coach would be brought in. It is not a matter of whether KJ could handle it, it has much to do with image. If we are to attract the talent required to do the job, we need to have a manager of such standing as will encourage the potential recruits to come to us. The sad fact is that KJ does not have the reputation to attract the high profile players that Fosun are looking to bring in. so, the next question is, who will take his place?

Kenny Jackett was a decent honourable man. Sooner or later a team will give him the chance to see the job through. That team will not be disappointed with the end product.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)