+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 7,000 expected for first home game!

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    Ah, so it's a 'could', a 'maybe', an 'if'. The way I read your threads was that we were well on the way to the 8000 average, and it's a given that 7000 are expected for the first home game.
    Both are well within the parameters of 'achievable'.There are plenty of people in Crewe who really like football.

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkDust View Post
    I would imagine a gate of 4875 for this match with 1600 from Pompey.
    That's a very low home turnout for the visit of the biggest club in the division.

I'd love to think that we'd be attractive enough for people to fork out £22+ every other week, but the reality is we'll struggle to get an average of 4,000 this year.

The battle cry is admirable but we if we only got 7,500 for Vale on the opening day of the season in Lge 1, we're probably only going to get 4,500 against Pompey....and that will be one of the highest attendances of the season.

A decent pre-season would have put an extra 10% on the attendance, but that didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Crew View Post
    I'd love to think that we'd be attractive enough for people to fork out £22+ every other week, but the reality is we'll struggle to get an average of 4,000 this year.

The battle cry is admirable but we if we only got 7,500 for Vale on the opening day of the season in Lge 1, we're probably only going to get 4,500 against Pompey....and that will be one of the highest attendances of the season.

A decent pre-season would have put an extra 10% on the attendance, but that didn't happen.
    The Vale gate was around 6,350 infact BUT that's of no relevance to the here and now and like an avalanche Crewe's support is gathering momentum and growing.

[QUOTE=Alexandra The Great;38219900]The Vale gate was around 6,350 infact BUT that's of no relevance to the here and now and like an avalanche Crewe's support is gathering momentum and growing.[/QUOTE

Are you in cloud cuckoo land,Crewe`s support is gathering momentum?
    Going by the freindly gates,the fans couldn`t be bothered to turn up,for the likes of Wolves,etc,with a cheap admission.
    (I think you are Itwasin,in disguise)

[QUOTE=NEVTHEDEV;38220519]
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandra The Great View Post
    The Vale gate was around 6,350 infact BUT that's of no relevance to the here and now and like an avalanche Crewe's support is gathering momentum and growing.[/QUOTE

Are you in cloud cuckoo land,Crewe`s support is gathering momentum?
    Going by the freindly gates,the fans couldn`t be bothered to turn up,for the likes of Wolves,etc,with a cheap admission.
    (I think you are Itwasin,in disguise)
    Friendlies are sh*t. No-one's interested.
    The fans are waiting for the real action to commence.

What was it, 4742?
    Hmmmm!

47,42? all right say 0. Thats 47,420. Good crowd. well done A the G for stirring things up. Can we break the 50K on Tuesday????

Quote Originally Posted by steelydon View Post
    47,42? all right say 0. Thats 47,420. Good crowd. well done A the G for stirring things up. Can we break the 50K on Tuesday????
    It's possible for 50,000 to turn up on Tues but ofcourse we don't have room as yet to accomodate them all in our ground.
    The club shop (and chippy) should do a roaring trade though.

Rather than further musings about hypothetical crowds at Gresty Road (or the future Alexandra Superdome), any chance of a few reviews of the game?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast