+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stevenage v Crewe ****MATCH PREDICTIONS****

Can only think it will be a dire defeat. 0-4 - defence as bad as ever and midfield never gets past half-way line. We've got two decent front men but will they ever get the ball?

Stevenage 1 Crewe 2

3-0 to Stevenage for me I'm afraid.

Wonderful result. Tactics vindicated, players responding to management demands well, and a tremendous victory away from home. Now let's hear all the anti-Steve Davis and Jamie Collins mob.
    Neil Baker predicted a win - he saw Stevenage thrash MK Dons and he said that the Alex, individually and as a team, were much better.
    COYRs

[QUOTE=AlexLeicester;38225724]Wonderful result. Tactics vindicated, players responding to management demands well, and a tremendous victory away from home. Now let's hear all the anti-Steve Davis and Jamie Collins mob.
    Neil Baker predicted a win - he saw Stevenage thrash MK Dons and he said that the Alex, individually and as a team, were much better.
    COYRs

A splendid result. A result I have little doubt will disappoint a couple of posters who have been very quiet of late!! One swallow etc etc. However, a win against a team, the type we often struggle with, can only be viewed positively. I expect is to finish around 10th this season and anythong better than this I would see as a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLeicester View Post
    Wonderful result.
    Agreed. Always fab to win.

T Now let's hear all the anti-Steve Davis and Jamie Collins mob.
    Never get this sort of thing being said. It is a) one game and b) we are fans are we not of Crewe Alex - managers are just that.....

So a loss in the next game proves them right does it Alexleicester? Silly

FFS, AL and Timmy, grow up will you!

One game and you expect all the last three season's results not to matter?

The board and the management got all the criticism that was going. Now its a new season and we 'should' do better otherwise the academy may as well pack up and we sign the likes of Ryan Lowe and other clubs academy players on loan. If we do well, all of us will be pleased and if we make the play offs, better still. But its early days. Give praise where its due and I listened to the match and we seemed to have had a great second half and so lets hope we can build on it. But please STOP this inter fans back biting will you as it will lead to many of us not bothering, which may even please some of you and you can discuss it all between the three of you. Is that what you want?

Back to the insults. One calls my comment silly and another says I should grow up.
    It is a very significant result – the first time in 22 seasons we have won away from home on the first day. That will have a great impact on the team. No, if we are beaten by Portsmouth it will not mean that Steve Davis has failed, but his tactics have succeeded today.
    Back-biting is not the aim. Balance and a little positivity after a few seasons of diatribe after diatribe about how it is everybody’s fault, including the Academy. I will never get involved in matters where I cannot change something for the better, and that includes how the club is run. I happen to support the key directors and the management.

OK AL....my hand of friendship to you and everyone else.... Lets wipe the slate clean and hope for a great season and give the board and management a chance and hope the Chairman gives a little more of his time to us than he has these last few years. You know, what the changes to the board will be and when? How HS2 will impact the club etc.

On a really positive note, we are now in one of the play off positions! Yipeeeee!

Back to the insults. One calls my comment silly and another says I should grow up.
    It is a very significant result – the first time in 22 seasons we have won away from home on the first day. That will have a great impact on the team. No, if we are beaten by Portsmouth it will not mean that Steve Davis has failed, but his tactics have succeeded today.
    Back-biting is not the aim. Balance and a little positivity after a few seasons of diatribe after diatribe about how it is everybody’s fault, including the Academy. I will never get involved in matters where I cannot change something for the better, and that includes how the club is run. I happen to support the key directors and the management.
    Sounds as if it was a deserved win so let's enjoy it even if we have different views of its significance.
    Was that win 22 seasons ago the amazing 7-4 game against Barnet and the legendary Barry Fry?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast