+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Stevenage v Crewe ****MATCH PREDICTIONS****

Happy to give SD credit for his decisions during the match and I could not agree more about awarding Ryan Lowe the captaincy. If not living in the past means judging SD as a great manager on the basis of a victory at Stevenage in a League Two match against a team which just avoided relegation to non-league last season, then count me out.

I watched the game live and was delighted that we won, not least because my previous six matches watching the Alex all ended in defeat. If you want to wipe SD's slate clean then we can all say what a great start to his managerial career at Crewe, and let us have a lot more of the same. What a pity that the pre-season matches took three seasons to complete.

Football eh! All I could see from the first three games was L L L. Now I am thinking could we possibly get a result tomorrow night. Watch this space. I guess that is why I love football and it will always be, "Me For Crewe". I do get totally frustrated and pessimistic with my team and the goings on, or lack of, but they do give me a genuine pick up and excitement with results like last Saturdays. I will definitely be one of the eight thousand there on Saturday ( tongue firmly in cheek ).

Quote Originally Posted by Furberstreet View Post
    If not living in the past means judging SD as a great manager on the basis of a victory at Stevenage in a League Two match against a team which just avoided relegation to non-league last season, then count me out
    Your words, not mine!

Quote Originally Posted by Furberstreet View Post
    If you want to wipe SD's slate clean then we can all say what a great start to his managerial career at Crewe, and let us have a lot more of the same. What a pity that the pre-season matches took three seasons to complete.
    Again your words, not mine!
    IMHO if SD isn't delivering by November, then he has to go - but until then he deserves the chance to try and get us back up. After all, he's done it before. Play-offs is an absolute minimum for us this season.

Has anyone considered the fact that maybe SD defied the odds over 3 of the last 4 seasons? - the bookies would suggest as much. And I see we are not even in the top half in terms of favourites to go up this season. So again he is up against it.

As for pre-season, it means nothing.
    How many times have we had a great one, and then had a shocking start to the season proper?
    So the fact that this time around pre-season wasn't great doesn't bother me for the same reason.

Very early days, promising start, nothing more - but worth celebrating!

Personally, I don't feel that the play offs is the absolute minimum. For me, the requirement this season is a steadying and winning more games at home. If we make the play offs I will be delighted. But I won't consider it a negative if we don't. Davis has defied the odds in all but the last season. The business done in the summer looks to be good and maybe there is more to come before the end of the month.

brilliant result for the alex

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    Personally, I don't feel that the play offs is the absolute minimum. For me, the requirement this season is a steadying and winning more games at home. If we make the play offs I will be delighted. But I won't consider it a negative if we don't. Davis has defied the odds in all but the last season. The business done in the summer looks to be good and maybe there is more to come before the end of the month.
    Agree with Timmy58 100%!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234