+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Where will we end up in the league

Question Where will we end up in the league

Where do you think we will end up this season, can't really see us making the top 4 because I think this season will be harder than last season with Hibs , Dundee united, Dunfermline and Falkirk all having much bigger budgets than we have . My worry is that we have a very difficult start to the season and that may put us in a rut that can be difficult to get out of. A victory against Ayr is a must but don't see us getting much against the other three games we start with .

I really hope I am wrong.

Difficult to predict but tbh with the current personnel I would be happy to finish 7th as our young lads
    at the start of their careers will have a degree of inconsistency.

Hard to predict without actually seeing any of the teams play yet but I'd like to think we'll finish somewhere between 5th & 7th but we desperately need to add 2-3 players .

This season will be harder than last IMO ....

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  5.1 KB

Latest odds from bet365

Hibs - 11/10 Favourites
    Dundee United - 11/4 2nd favourites
    Falkirk - 11/2
    Dunfermline - 10/1

I wouldn't seriously disagree with the odds quoted above. Unless we can pick up three or four quality players I think we'll be doing well to finish anywhere above the play-off place. Any thoughts of top four are simply pie in the sky.

Two midfielders or a midfielder and a right back would set us up rather nicely, - moving Hammil into midfield.

If we get two decent players we'll be pushing Falkirk and Dunfermline for 4th / 5th place. Hibs will walk the league and Dundee Utd will be a close second I reckon, with there being quite a gap between 3rd and 5th.

If we don't get those players in, - we'll really struggle at the bottom of the league and might finish in the play-off position

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Two midfielders or a midfielder and a right back would set us up rather nicely, - moving Hammil into midfield.

If we get two decent players we'll be pushing Falkirk and Dunfermline for 4th / 5th place. Hibs will walk the league and Dundee Utd will be a close second I reckon, with there being quite a gap between 3rd and 5th.

If we don't get those players in, - we'll really struggle at the bottom of the league and might finish in the play-off position
    I know we've still until the end of the month to sign players but I'm a little concerned we haven't more players in place already especially with the league starting this weekend

yea palmy lad i agree and i think we could have mist the boat waiting so close to end of transfer market as most of the decent ones will be away ,i said this as soon as the market opened we had to jump right on it and get the best available or be left with the dregs ,but the way i see it skelton seems happy with the squad he has atm ,i really cant see him dipping his toes in agian he will maybe sign one more before the window closes canny see anymore than one ,but theres also the loan market mind you .

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)