+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: All Crewe matches on Radio Stoke downgraded to 1503 this season.

All Crewe matches on Radio Stoke downgraded to 1503 this season.

Just heard that on RS and so hard luck for anyone who can't get it on Radio AM frequencies.

Vale will be on FM when Stoke don't play and also on DAB which was the one we were on last season.

I think my radio is only FM and DAB..But will need to check.

I suppose we are lucky to have the matches at all with the BBC cut backs.

Anyone else here can't get 1503? I know when it used to be on there the reception was appalling and why imo its a downgrade.

Had heard this why the change I Carnt get MV very well always has interference in the back ground just won't bother I will check the scores when we're away on fotmob on my phone one bonus I will not have to listen to graham mcgarry and that boring git tricky Trevor again

As a southern exile, if I am in on a Saturday afternoon, it will have to be Jeff Stelling and his teleprinter on Sky. Of course, I will be at as many Crewe games as possible within a decent radius around London. Stevenage being the first one.

As an exile I listen on World. Will this mean even more lack of connectivity?

1503 is fine on a Saturday afternoon - if you still have a medium wave radio of course. It'll be the midweek evening games that'll have the hiss and interference. Using the website's Player is probably best, although it usually runs about 30 seconds behind real time! It's something like £37 of course, but that's less than a pound a week, and there are some good interviews (as well as appalling ones) during the season, as well as goals from the under 18s and under 21s, and eleven minutes' highlights from first team games; I find it worthwhile.

I have had the commentary running 9 minutes behind. This is a pain as I've usually got Final Score vidiprinter running. Hoping to hang to a 1-0 lead then you see on the screen we've lost 2-1!!!

What a pain in the arse this is. It's difficult to even buy a radio that does MW anymore, pretty much every radio does FM and DAB. I'm buggered if I'm going to go for a drive or sit in the car every time I want to listen to commentary. There's no reason at all to have the same match on FM and DAB, it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeDS View Post
    What a pain in the arse this is. It's difficult to even buy a radio that does MW anymore, pretty much every radio does FM and DAB. I'm buggered if I'm going to go for a drive or sit in the car every time I want to listen to commentary. There's no reason at all to have the same match on FM and DAB, it doesn't make sense.
    Yes, its a real pain, I bought a DAB radio last year just so I could listen to our matches and now this. I do have a small portable FM/AM radio that I bought off Amazon a couple of years ago for about a fiver but just looked again and they have gone up in price.

Reprieve for tomorrow night. Back on DAB apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Me For Crewe View Post
    Reprieve for tomorrow night. Back on DAB apparently.
    Back for one night only by the looks of it with Graham McGarry and Rich Sharpe.