+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Lewis

Seems a decent keeper. Tonight just wasn't our night, from the penalty to their goal. Hopefully doesn't affect his confidence. Just one of them

Quote Originally Posted by xtrmntr75 View Post
    Seems a decent keeper. Tonight just wasn't our night, from the penalty to their goal. Hopefully doesn't affect his confidence. Just one of them
    Agree, he'll for me.

We shouldn't have any GK problems this season between Lewis and Alexander-which is a great place to be.

For clarity it wasnt a ƒucking bobble..it was a tectonic shift

I feel Lewis has been exceptional thus far. At least relative to what we're used to. He has all the attributes that we all wanted in a goalkeeper. Commanding, dominant in the air...

During the Langfield era I developed...for want of a better phrase...an arse clench. Danny Ward relaxed my arse, but unfortunately, Scott Brown re-tensed those muscles. I now feel like I'll never be able to return to the halcyon days of assured goalkeeper kicking, but Joe is beginning to help me through my troubles. (tonight excepted)

Very similar to the one that caught Robinson out for England. No blame to the ''keeper for that.

Joe is a sound keeper. Keep the faith he has done nothing wrong. Just one of those things

We have our number one, great game tonight for the brown bomber
    I am sure he may make a mistake or 2 through the season as all good keepers do but with Joe as no.1 and Alexander as back up we have 2 solid keepers (oh oh, did I just jinx it?), so next thing to sort is the defence, well centre backs.

Bobble was a joke but hey-ho, move on COYR

Quote Originally Posted by Winston78Snelders View Post
    We have our number one, great game tonight for the brown bomber
    I am sure he may make a mistake or 2 through the season as all good keepers do but with Joe as no.1 and Alexander as back up we have 2 solid keepers (oh oh, did I just jinx it?), so next thing to sort is the defence, well centre backs.

Bobble was a joke but hey-ho, move on COYR
    Sort what? Taylor and reynolds were immense all night last night

Joe Lewis

been lucky to be at all 6 euro games. Before last night (just got name- knackered) Thought Lewis hadn't been tested apart from shot stopping. Thought last night was the first time he had to deal with a proper team who know how to pressure a keeper at set pieces and he really commanded his box. Confident display which bodes well for this season.

COYR

Immense? Maribor going forward were poor but i still felt we looked shaky at the back, hopefully match fitness but against better teams i think we could be in trouble (just an opinion).

One minute the ball goes under considine's foot with no opposition around him (no bobble) then he pulls off a cracking tackle but he looked very jaded. Taylor & Reynolds gave away a lot of free-kicks in silly positions. Not punished this time, just think over all from a defensive point of view we could tighten the CBs

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast