+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Joe Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    How good is Rogers?
    Not half as good as Joe Lewis, wasn't even getting back in to the Falkirk team at the end of last season after recovering from injury.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I get that, but we have Rogers in reserve having served his time at Falkirk.
    If the price is right, Joe will go.
    I expect quite a few watching in the coming months and if he does well, don't be surprised if there is an offer in the winter / next summer.
    Aye, no doubt there'll be interest - was thinking more in relation to him having a release clause. The guarantees given to Lewis may well be related to being first choice keeper rather than getting a move if a decent offer comes in as was the case with Hayes. Hopefully if there is an offer we're in a position to turn it down.

So we'll be needing a new goalie in January.

Hopefully it won't be a numpty as that would ruin our whole season.

If we are still at the top of the league I would expect an offer from Celtic

Im surprised Celtic havent come in for him yet.

Tbh if we are still thereabouts (or, heavens forbid, top) in January Joe might want to ride it out for the rest of the season and stick his name in the history books being a non-cheeks winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Mek View Post
    Im surprised Celtic havent come in for him yet.

Tbh if we are still thereabouts (or, heavens forbid, top) in January Joe might want to ride it out for the rest of the season and stick his name in the history books being a non-cheeks winner.
    I really hope we are in that position, but I doubt in today's game at our level it's a deciding factor.
    As others said above, if Celtic make a reasonable offer, he could view the option as more money, more exposure (champions league) and more likelihood of trophies.

expect the story to 'break' about a Celtic bid over the weekend

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I really hope we are in that position, but I doubt in today's game at our level it's a deciding factor.
    As others said above, if Celtic make a reasonable offer, he could view the option as more money, more exposure (champions league) and more likelihood of trophies.
    And then get full exposure over the following few days in the lead up to the game next week.

If we were top of the league in January then Celtic making an offer would be them trying to guarantee their Champions League money.

So, in those circumstances I would be prepared to consider offers over 10 million

Amazing that a story in the Sun - yes, the Sun - that reports on a Villa scout attending a match and extrapolates from that that they'll bid for our player (despite the fact they seem keen to keep the keeper they already have on loan from Man U) grows arms and legs to the extent where people are genuinely fretting that Celtic will poach him in January.

Only Aberdeen fans...

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    If we were top of the league in January then Celtic making an offer would be them trying to guarantee their Champions League money.

So, in those circumstances I would be prepared to consider offers over 10 million
    What if there is a release clause in his extended contract?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast