+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Joe Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    End of the day. Hes just signed on as he is getting a decent run in a team which he hadnt had in a few seasons. Clearly happy here. He wont be going anywhere

F@ck everyone else.

'mon Joe min.
    Sounds very like Johnny Hayes.
    New deal, likes playing for Aberdeen.
    Decent offer comes in and the club sells.

I'm sure the same would happen with Joe. He might even have a clause in his contract which convinced him to sign the extension.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Sounds very like Johnny Hayes.
    New deal, likes playing for Aberdeen.
    Decent offer comes in and the club sells.

I'm sure the same would happen with Joe. He might even have a clause in his contract which convinced him to sign the extension.
    Im speculating but i dont believe he would have a clause. One the club are surely not that daft and two hes getting regular games

Im speculating but i dont believe he would have a clause. One the club are surely not that daft and two hes getting regular games
    Based on what?
    Hayes played regularly.

Based on what?
    Hayes played regularly.
    Its different for keepers though - 92 keeper spots vs 920 outfield spots each week in the English leagues, no chance of the odd game here and there slotting in at left back/centre mid etc. Offering someone a secure spot as first choice keeper has massive value.

Quote Originally Posted by actonsheep View Post
    Its different for keepers though - 92 keeper spots vs 920 outfield spots each week in the English leagues, no chance of the odd game here and there slotting in at left back/centre mid etc. Offering someone a secure spot as first choice keeper has massive value.
    I get that, but we have Rogers in reserve having served his time at Falkirk.
    If the price is right, Joe will go.
    I expect quite a few watching in the coming months and if he does well, don't be surprised if there is an offer in the winter / next summer.

I get that, but we have Rogers in reserve having served his time at Falkirk.
    If the price is right, Joe will go.
    I expect quite a few watching in the coming months and if he does well, don't be surprised if there is an offer in the winter / next summer.
    How good is Rogers?

How good is Rogers?
    He did quite well in the championship, even named in the Championship team of the year, despite the presence of SevCo, Hibs and maybe even Hearts.
    He also won numerous award and accolades as the Falkirk keeper.
    He's obviously yet to prove himself in the top league, but he probably deserves a chance when Lewis moves on.

He's also been called up to the senior ROI squad.

Maybe Mason saw more of him when at Dumbarton where he also won awards and can comment more
    Last edited by afc1903mad; 19-10-2017 at 10:34 AM.

He did quite well in the championship, even named in the Championship team of the year, despite the presence of SevCo, Hibs and maybe even Hearts.
    He also won numerous award and accolades as the Falkirk keeper.
    He's obviously yet to prove himself in the top league, but he probably deserves a chance when Lewis moves on.

He's also been called up to the senior ROI squad.

Maybe Mason saw more of him when at Dumbarton where he also won awards and can comment more
    So how good is he in the league we play in

So how good is he in the league we play in
    Come on man, play the game.
    I already said
    How good was Lewis in our league before he played there?

By your token, we should never sign anyone or play any youth that have not already established themselves in the league we play in.

Come on man, play the game.
    I already said

How good was Lewis in our league before he played there?

By your token, we should never sign anyone or play any youth that have not already established themselves in the league we play in.
    Lewis played in a higher standard of fitba previously

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast