+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Away to the "arabs"

Away to the "arabs"

There doesn't seem to be much discussion leading up to our 1st league game of the season. Perhaps other off-field events have overshadowed it. Apologies if I have missed it somewhere.
    We couldn't have asked for a much harder start with a trip to one of the teams tipped to be amongst the promotion favourites and Manager Skelton and his squad will get an early indication of how difficult a task they face if they have plans of competing in the top half of the table. I'm hoping we approach the game in a positive manner without being too gung-ho. Realistically a draw would be very acceptable.

This will be my first visit to United's ground, the only senior ground I've missed out on, so I'm hoping it will be 1st time lucky.

I've not seen much info about ticket arrangements for this game on the OS or the DUFC site. Is it cash payment at the gate or purchase a ticket at the ground prior to going in or what? I take it there are no tickets on sale at Palmerston.

You've probably seen this, but for anyone else there's some ticket info here...
    http://dufc.co/tickets/upcoming-games/

The gist of it is that we are allocated the West Stand (the end nearest Dens Park) and as it only has one tier (DUFC have different prices for upper and lower tiers) tickets will cost £20/£10 concessions.

It doesn't actually state that tickets are bought at the turnstiles or a central ticket booth but, going on the advice for the Betfred Cup game the following Tuesday on the same page, it would be safe to assume that tickets can be bought at the turnstiles.

Perhaps confirmation will be posted by either/both clubs at some point today.

As for the game itself, I agree that it's a tough start. In a way it's a pity that we've not had a few more games to perhaps get properly up-to-speed before facing them. Of course, we might catch them "early". Talking of early, will this Saturday come too soon for our new signing? I've no idea how ready he is. It would be great to see him get some match time as soon as possible but perhaps we'll need to be a little patient.

I don't have much to say except that I'm looking forward to Saturday and want to up the number of posts on here...

And just in case it helps keep the number of posts up: Steve Dobbie, Dobbie, We don't care if you're overweight....

And apparently I've posted 1,182 times! 1,183 now. Happy to keep posting nonsense on a weekly basis if it helps keep this board alive. Most of my posts are pretty much rubbish anyway...

Going into this game I would love the 3 points but realistically if we can get a point on the board I think that would be a great start to the season. Fingers crossed we win though

Like you gents looking forward to this game principally for viewing the mighty South at Tannadice - a first for me (although I have visited the ground for a couple of Euro and Cup games against other sides) AND now will have seen our team in every ground in Scotland (missed both "recent" ie this generation, games as my best opportunity was scuppered by rain - when was that? 1990? - just as we arrived in Dundee.
    BUT the latest enthusiasm to get this season started has simply exploded - what a difference one signing makes - and lets pray there are more because one player cannot make a team - but after the struggle to follow the team since the January downturn last season I was a little wary about this year being similar BUT now with belief that our new manager is going to mix the team with youth and enthusiasm alongside some seasoned professionals and play positively can't wait............................ ONE more sleep only!!!!

I can't wait till tomorrow for the league season to begin and a bonus to myself is that I will be visiting a new ground even though I have walk past it a few times when I have been to Dens Park.

I think Queens have a good change to get something from this tough opening match.

Quote Originally Posted by billyqos View Post
    Like you gents looking forward to this game principally for viewing the mighty South at Tannadice - a first for me (although I have visited the ground for a couple of Euro and Cup games against other sides) AND now will have seen our team in every ground in Scotland (missed both "recent" ie this generation, games as my best opportunity was scuppered by rain - when was that? 1990? - just as we arrived in Dundee.
    BUT the latest enthusiasm to get this season started has simply exploded - what a difference one signing makes - and lets pray there are more because one player cannot make a team - but after the struggle to follow the team since the January downturn last season I was a little wary about this year being similar BUT now with belief that our new manager is going to mix the team with youth and enthusiasm alongside some seasoned professionals and play positively can't wait............................ ONE more sleep only!!!!
    Saturday will be my first visit to Tannadice. After that the only two SPFL grounds I still have to visit will be Inverness and Elgin. I wonder what are the chances are of us playing there in the next 15 years or so...

Quote Originally Posted by QOS King View Post
    I can't wait till tomorrow for the league season to begin and a bonus to myself is that I will be visiting a new ground even though I have walk past it a few times when I have been to Dens Park.

I think Queens have a good change to get something from this tough opening match.
    Dundee United this week and Ayr United next week. I think these two games will give us an early indication of how our season is going to pan out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)