+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Olympic Games

There is a hellva lot of empty seats, even at the beach volleyball, we may have complained about London but the venues were packed, I know cos I went.

Shame really after spending all that money, and they lectured us in the opening ceremony about climate change and pollution as they fished out more bloated bodies from water venues.

Not much interested with the Olympics mind you the 2nd week is much more appealing for me.

The drug issue is also a bit off putting .

Quote Originally Posted by Buc View Post
    Not much interested with the Olympics mind you the 2nd week is much more appealing for me.

The drug issue is also a bit off putting .
    Have to agree with you there Buc, those pesky Russians have taken the gloss off it, where is the spirit of the games.

Quote Originally Posted by claw84 View Post
    Have to agree with you there Buc, those pesky Russians have taken the gloss off it, where is the spirit of the games.
    I think the problem pro athletes reach a level we all have it.

Sometimes that level just isn't good enough to win you the real prize money which in turn loses you sponsorship which makes the difference whether you can make a good living or not.

That's when the lure of drugs become more enticing knowing that taking them will indeed reap you rewards in some cases millions it's not just the prize money on offer for top athletes there's appearance money sponsorship money and indeed money from other sources
    It's easy to see why these athletes do take them .
    The sport is riddled with drug cheats everytime I now see athletes on the podium it now holds a question mark over their achievements
    Are they on drugs or are they not I would say there's a good chance they are.
    But not all as some are talented like indeed Mo Farah .

http://www.unilad.co.uk/pics/incredi...cs-leave-town/

Some pics in the link above.

One of the main reasons why I despise the Olympics. We humans spend billions building stadiums and venues and then they all go to ruin.

Just viewed a bit of mens Judo while having my tea. Easily more empty seats than taken

Not interested in supporting Britain.
    Don't like subjectively decided sports.

Anyone watching the snatch?

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Just viewed a bit of mens Judo while having my tea. Easily more empty seats than taken
    In fairness, that was down to the South Korean competition practising pre-fight.

Starting to get a bit fed up of all the inspirational Olympic stories.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast