+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2016-17 MillersMad Prediction League

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    As the real season gets underway tomorrow, the Prediction League typically starts in a couple of weeks. Two questions for members about this.

(1) Are you interested in playing?

(2) Anyone interested in taking over the running of the league?

Post replies and any questions you have about it on this thread.

(Here's a link to the Prediction League message board if you are new and want to see what it's all about http://boards.footymad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2667)
    As always pal I'm up for doing the fixtures....
    Is it a simple format for working out the results? If so I'll do the lot.....

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey46 View Post
    Hows it all work guys?
    Simples.....

I post 10 fixtures and ask you to choose a goal scorer......you have to put in how you think the score will end per match....and that's all there is to it...

The results are confirmed and entered into a table.... Purely for fun but you get the chance to beat your fellow Millers over the season to show who's the top dog..,,

I'm in let me know when it starts

Count me in

I'm in for another season 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Chris-m View Post
    I'm in let me know when it starts
    Fixtures usually up by Tuesday/Wednesday just copy and paste then enter your scores and a goal scorer from one of the 10 fixtures it's as simple as that. A full season consists of 32 weeks so it usually starts in a couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    As always pal I'm up for doing the fixtures....
    Is it a simple format for working out the results? If so I'll do the lot.....
    =IF(AND(C12=$C$1,D12=$D$1),$H$1,IF(AA12=$F$1,$J$1, $L$1))

That's the formula Brin, repeated x 10 x The number of players x 36 weeks. That's why I said you need to be an Excel ninja if you want to use my spreadsheet. However, if the turnout is low or you limit it then it's probably just as easy to do it by eye as I automated it when we had 50+ players.

Post the fixtures and wait for the predictions to be posted and games to end. Then for each player go through their 10 predictions and score them 5pts+1pt per goal if they got the score right or just 2pts if they got the result right. If the goal scorer is kept then look at the match report to see if they scored and give them 3pts per goal or 1pt per penalty. Add up their total score. Do this for every player and then work out who won that week and give them an extra 5pts. Add everyone's score to their running total, add one to their number of games played and then sort the table.

To work out how long it would take you to do it by eye have a go at scoring the predictions below and then multiply by how many players and add on about 15-30 minutes to do the table and post it along with the write up.

Birmingham, 1, 1, Cardiff
    Ipswich, 3, 0, Barnsley
    Rotherham, 0, 2, Wolves
    Bolton, 2, 2, Sheff Utd
    Millwall, 3, 0, Oldham
    Oxford, 2, 0, Chesterfield
    Accrington, 0, 3, Doncaster
    Newport, 2, 3, Mansfield
    Eastleigh, 2, 0, Guisely
    Macclesfield, 1, 0, Torquay

Goalscorer and club A Williams, Doncaster

Cam now we know why you don't do a lot of posting. Too busy working out the scores. Bet you glad you did do a spreadsheet. ��

I'll give it a bash Cam, taking part that is pal.

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    Cam now we know why you don't do a lot of posting. Too busy working out the scores. Bet you glad you did do a spreadsheet. ��
    Hopefully it at least gives some insight into why I get miffed when people start and then give up after a couple of weeks because they can't be bothered any more or after 20+ weeks because they realise that they aren't going to win. It's all taken my time up. I did at one time think of maybe setting up a justgiving page for a local (Rotherham) charity and only let people play if they make a contribution of at least a quid. Then if they give up I would feel I hadn't wasted my time for nothing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast