+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 225 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Todays Other Games, 2016/2017 Edition.

Swansea have had a reasonable amount of posession and look comfortable on the ball at times, but having said that they don't look like they are ever going to score. Could be a tough season for them.

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    Swansea have had a reasonable amount of posession and look comfortable on the ball at times, but having said that they don't look like they are ever going to score. Could be a tough season for them.
    They look shaky at the back now Ashley Williams has gone to Everton. I think the commentator mentioned earlier they weren't prolific in front of goal at home last season, only 20 in total. it doesn't look good from what i've seen so far.

Talking about looking shaky at the back, Chelsea have allowed Swansea to go from 1-0 down to 2-1 up, Courtois fouled Sigurdsson, who scored from the penalty spot. Gary Cahill caught dwelling on the ball, Fer punishes him with the finish, some ref's may have given a foul on Cahill, but this ref didn't.

Another goal for Costa and Chelsea, 2-2. Costa was the first to react to the loose ball.

A better second half from Swansea, it's always a battle when your side is facing Diego Costa.

Turned out to be a cracker in the end. Still think Swansea will struggle though through lack of gaols. Although I must say that Llorente did OK, he had zero service but did a decent job when asked of making Chelsea uncomfortable at times at the back, especially when Barrow came on and there was somebody to run behind him. We shall see.

Diego Costa must have the most goals ever scored in matches when he could have arguably been sent off.

Hate Chelsea, but they are playing much more together and Conte is fun to watch on the sidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganWolf View Post
    Diego Costa must have the most goals ever scored in matches when he could have arguably been sent off.

Hate Chelsea, but they are playing much more together and Conte is fun to watch on the sidelines.
    Mich, I don't really know what Costa did to offend today. He took a battering all game from the Swansea backline, he kept his cool, generally, and scored two great goals. That's what real center forwards were like back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    Mich, I don't really know what Costa did to offend today. He took a battering all game from the Swansea backline, he kept his cool, generally, and scored two great goals. That's what real center forwards were like back in the day.
    I think he could have arguably been given a second yellow for a dive in the second half. He's a player I find irritating from a personality standpoint, but I'd take him on my team over most forwards in the Prem. Maybe just Aguero and Ibra I'd rate above him.

Also, Balotelli scored a brace today for Nice against Marseilles. I know many don't care for him, but when he's playing well I think there are few that are more enjoyable to watch.

Page 12 of 225 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)