+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 76 of 225 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126176 ... LastLast

Thread: Todays Other Games, 2016/2017 Edition.

Congratulations goes out to Blackpool, back in league one at the first attempt, winning 2-1 at Wembley against Exeter City. It's just a shame that Blackpool's support at the game was low, but understandable due to those that own the club!

Quote Originally Posted by wolves71 View Post
    Congratulations goes out to Blackpool, back in league one at the first attempt, winning 2-1 at Wembley against Exeter City. It's just a shame that Blackpool's support at the game was low, but understandable due to those that own the club!
    Yep, it's a difficult spot to be in as a footy fan. You want to root for the team's success because the fans have gone through a lot. But you also don't want a seedy owner like the Oystens to be successful. I know Wolves went through the same type of situation in the 80s, but it's hard for me to imagine how it would feel if it happened now.

Match in Italy, do not sure if any of you have access, but it is Francesco Totti's final day in a Roma jersey. However, they are down 0-1 early to Genoa. Thanks to a goal by a 16 year old, Pietro Pellegri. Made his debut in March when he was still 15. Fitting as Totti made his debut as a 16 year old IIRC.

Also of note, Pellegri was born in 2001. The year that Totti won his only Scudetto
    Last edited by MichiganWolf; 28-05-2017 at 04:19 PM.

Former Man City man, Edin Dzeko ties it back up for Roma. 1-1. Will Totti have to rescue Roma one last time today?

De Rossi, another native son of Rome, puts Roma up. Hope Totti gets a clear shot at a goal

Roma back four fall asleep and fail to get to a cross, which Genoa put away. 2-2

Perrotti scores just before stoppage time. Roma secure a UCL group stage place and the King of Rome walks away from the Stadio Olimpico a winner one last time

Quote Originally Posted by wolves71 View Post
    Yes well done to the Lashers. And I think their achievement of going straight back up this season is impressive because of whats going on there behind the scenes. They also have an amazing record in the play offs, I think they have won more play off finals than any other team!

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganWolf View Post
    Yep, it's a difficult spot to be in as a footy fan. You want to root for the team's success because the fans have gone through a lot. But you also don't want a seedy owner like the Oystens to be successful. I know Wolves went through the same type of situation in the 80s, but it's hard for me to imagine how it would feel if it happened now.
    I'm glad so many of the Blackpool followers stuck to what they believe in, boycotting games, it would have been tempting to go to Wembley for the play-off final though.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Yes well done to the Lashers. And I think their achievement of going straight back up this season is impressive because of whats going on there behind the scenes. They also have an amazing record in the play offs, I think they have won more play off finals than any other team!
    I think it was their fifth play-off victory, more than any other side.

Page 76 of 225 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126176 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)