+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 88 of 225 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138188 ... LastLast

Thread: Todays Other Games, 2016/2017 Edition.

I posted about how frustrating it was when England won the U19s World Cup and got to the semis in the U21 euros.

THE TALENT IS OBVIOUSLY THERE. You don't win a major tournament through luck.

Didn't the Germans nurture their youngsters after 2000 with a promise of "wait and we will conquer again"?

Yet, because of the want (or most likely NEED) for instant success in the Premier League, our lads will drift into obscurity, playing for Swindon, Oxford or Barnsley.

Finally a goal for England and Harry Kane, i just hope we can get a few more now!

Quote Originally Posted by wolves71 View Post
    Finally a goal for England and Harry Kane, i just hope we can get a few more now!

So do I but it just looks so laboured.

Quote Originally Posted by Evewolf65 View Post
    So do I but it just looks so laboured.
    Yes it has been, game in the bag as soon as Kane scored, Bertrand has just given us a bit more breathing space.

A third and a fourth for England, Harry Kane will get the plaudits with his two goals and the ball in for Welbeck to finish.

WCQ still going on today. Ireland currently tied 1-1 at Georgia. They could really put some distance between themselves and the third place team in their group with a victory today. And keep up with Serbia who currently tops the group.

Finland is currently up on Iceland 1-0. That group is very tight with Croatia at 13 points, Iceland 12, Turkey and Ukraine 11 going into today's matches.

Also going on today is League One and Two. They don't stop for international breaks. Haven't really been paying attention much yet, but it's interesting to see Shrewsbury at 2nd place in the table in League One. Would be quite the story for them to get up to the second division. VEry early though.

Spain v Italy on ITV4 later, it should be a decent game to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by wolves71 View Post
    Spain v Italy on ITV4 later, it should be a decent game to watch.
    Crazy to think that one of those teams will have to take part in the playoffs. Meanwhile, one of Serbia, Wales, Ireland and Austria will get an automatic spot. Similar situations in groups E and I. But Italy's poor WCs in 2010 and 2014 put them behind the 8 ball in the coefficient rankings, letting them slip into the second pool for the group draws

An excellent free-kick from Isco to give Spain the lead.

No chance for GiGi to get to that ball. Can't see Italy getting out of this match now. They set up a defensive lineup tonight. Not enough creativity for the Azzurri to break down Spain

Page 88 of 225 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138188 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)