+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Jez Moxey Has Left The Building

Jez Moxey Has Left The Building

Moxey's Departure Click Here

The day has finally arrived and Moxey has left the building. He has been a part of the highs and lows that have come the way of Wolves in his time at the club.

Kevin Thelwell has been promoted by the club and becomes sporting director. Laurie Dalrymple becomes managing director, more in link below.

Click Here For More Info

Good news for Bernard Matthews

I said on a different thread I didn't think he'd see out his 3 month hand over so this isn't a surprise.

I've got split feelings on Moxey's role at Wolves over the last 16 years. On the one hand I think he made some poor public relations decisions, the worst for me was the terrible mistake of agreeing to let Albion have 'The South Bank' for that 'play off' game at the end of McCarthy's first season, a mistake many Wolves fans never forgave him for, and on the other hand he unarguably kept Wolves solvent.

I don't hold the kind of resentment against him as some do and I think he's basically an honest, decent bloke who for the most part did an ok job in a difficult business. I do think this is the right time for him to move on and although I won't wish him luck at Norwich I don't wish him any ill either.

Would love to hear BullysBoots take on this - his dream has finally come true and he's not here to give his reaction!! Wish he was still around; he posted some well observed stuff and not just about M&M either. Sad that he seems to have left us.

Much less sad to see the back of Moxey. Anyone can stay in the black if they pull up the drawbridge on properly thought through player investment and play tightwad with management applicants, and that's what I'll always believe he did. Never believed he was interested in the game in his heart of hearts. Business yes, football no. Always gave me the impression that the boardroom and the bank balance were his sole concern and to hell with costly footballers and the actual game itself. Not popular when he left Stoke, not popular leaving us.

Insulted the fans' intelligence too often for my liking.

Moxey has resigned and left Norwich City. Please Wolves, steer clear, we have moved on and so has Moxey.

More Info Click Here

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)