+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: We have to accept

We have to accept

That we have too many sub standard players and its going to be a long hard season battling relegation.
    Henley is never going to make it. Ward is not good enough . Duffy is best of a bad bunch, but ultimately not very good. Lowe we`ve all known it long enough, not good enough. Akpan not good enough. Lenihan not good enough. Bennet not good enough. Feeney not good enough.
    Basically all the players I mention above are not good enough to play in the Championship.
    Greer looked good when he came on. Stokes you could see was trying, but I won`t judge him on one competitive outing. Byrne at least was always looking and wanting the ball, again I won`t judge on one game.
    Coyle has his work cut out !!

Possibly a bit harsh needle
    Henley was out of position as a right back if played regular he will do ok
    Ward yes I am starting to agree with you problem is greer won't be able to play 46 league games plus cups so another centre back needed or give Wharton a run in the team
    Lowe yes also agree in you assessment Coyle thinks he is captain material so that buys him selection each time
    lenihan I don't agree with he might not of played well yesterday but on the whole he has shown good potential with us
    as for Bennett and feeney spurts and dribbles for them squad players nothing more.

Yup needle,a tad harsh but you are on the money re Henley & Ward. A repeat of the shockers against West Ham last season.

Think we have to try to make a silk purse out of a sows ear the best we can. Burnley have managed it,not impossible but very,very difficult. The challenge this season is to finish a barn-storming 21st,and no doubt turn a profit for our esteemed owners.

Coyle could make a start against Mansfield by getting the squad fitter(aka Lambert)and 2.playing some of the kids.Lets face it,they cant be a lot worse than Henley or Ward,can they?

Yes it was pretty much expected, and yes NC are possibly gona be the pacesetters. In comparison we are very suspect in playing staff, management/coaching staff, background staffing and finally owners.
    However, I am quite surprised at how 'benevolent' you are all being.
    Was not there, but every man and his dog appear to have been able to see the self inflicted pitfalls bestowed by OC.
    Yes its only one/the first game, and yes maybe he was trying options out, but for me it does not bode all that well.
    There was seemingly an almost total lack of fight and backbone. When you are in the position we are, that's exactly what you need, in spades. As that's the only way you are going to give yourselves a chance.

The talking's over now, and its the serious business of playing the talk out.

Just as with any other its only right to give him the same chance as the previous, but all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by needle View Post
    That we have too many sub standard players and its going to be a long hard season battling relegation.
    Henley is never going to make it. Ward is not good enough . Duffy is best of a bad bunch, but ultimately not very good. Lowe we`ve all known it long enough, not good enough. Akpan not good enough. Lenihan not good enough. Bennet not good enough. Feeney not good enough.
    Basically all the players I mention above are not good enough to play in the Championship.
    Greer looked good when he came on. Stokes you could see was trying, but I won`t judge him on one competitive outing. Byrne at least was always looking and wanting the ball, again I won`t judge on one game.
    Coyle has his work cut out !!
    Spot on

Well done, QPR. At least we're not bottom!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)