+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Predictocomp table

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    The lead's changed again Well done to Cayambe, though he was outscored by Howoldboy who got 10 and climbs to third place. I won't mention the lowest scorer; I simply applaud his honesty.

There were 4 sendings-off; Cavaleiro (Wolves), Adams (Brum), Naismith (Norwich) and Payne (Crawley). Points went to Pete and Howoldboy. Piglet's 8 brings him back up to fifth, handily placed behind the leaders. Meanwhile, I've mirrored Carlisle's post-Christmas form, slipping from the top-spot down to seventh. Where did it all go wrong?

I now fancy that the winner will come from the top five, but who knows?

One more week lads, and you've got to be in it to win it. Next week's fixtures will stretch over Saturday and Sunday and, with some leagues having finished, one group will feature some Scottish games. There will also be a tie-breaker question to separate competitors who finish on equal points. I'll get it up by Thursday at the latest. Any question, please ask.

1 Cayambe...........(9) 240
    2 Pete..................(3) 237
    3 Howoldboy.......(10) 236
    4 NZBlue.............(6) 234
    5 Piglet...............(8) 233
    6 Deezel..............(4) 231
    7 Griff.................(4) 229
    8 Buc..................(8) 226
    9 CAB..................(4) 220
    10 Southblue........(6) 215
    11 Chalky........(dne1) 191
    12 Nasty...............(8) 184
    13 Beast...............(1) 166
    EOB......................(1) 93
    Was wondering if we could double the points next week Griff .

Nooooooooooooo.

I've missed the last couple of weeks Griff but thanks for putting so much effort into doing the prediction league all season,it was much appreciated

Predictocomp table - as it stands

NOT the final table.

With two group played, and one to go today (KO 1200). This is how things stand, including the bonus that went to Southblue.

Twelve points to play for today; it's still anybody's game. Down to eighth, obviously.

1 Pete.................. 243
    2= Cayambe.......... 242
    2= Howoldboy........ 242
    2= Piglet............... 242
    5 NZBlue............... 237
    6 Deezel............... 235
    7 Griff.................. 232
    8 Buc................... 231
    9 CAB................... 227
    10 Southblue......... 220
    11 Chalky.............. 193
    12 Nasty............... 190
    13 Beast............... 168

Squeaky bum time.

NOT the final table.

With two group played, and one to go today (KO 1200). This is how things stand, including the bonus that went to Southblue.

Twelve points to play for today; it's still anybody's game. Down to eighth, obviously.

1 Pete.................. 243
    2= Cayambe.......... 242
    2= Howoldboy........ 242
    2= Piglet............... 242
    5 NZBlue............... 237
    6 Deezel............... 235
    7 Griff.................. 232
    8 Buc................... 231
    9 CAB................... 227
    10 Southblue......... 220
    11 Chalky.............. 193
    12 Nasty............... 190
    13 Beast............... 168
    Hey Griff.

I thought Beast won the bonus?
    Last edited by howoldboy; 07-05-2017 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Wrong name

Realised that while I was out earlier - I mixed up the bonus and tie-breaker questions. I've corrected it in the final table.......Grateful if you could QA it for me.

Final table

FINAL TABLE (Subject to usual scrutiny)
    * indicates that the tie-breaker answer was used to determine the final position in the table.

Piglet's final push left him a point short, and the tie-breaker had to be used to determine who came second, third and fourth. Not to mention fifth and sixth, and also seventh and eighth. A mention in despatches to the Beast and CAB who scored respectable 8s. But a big, BIG well done to PostmanPete for coming out on top, albeit by a point. But that's what counts and, although there's no prize, he has the pleasure of knowing that, after 40 weeks, he won. Bloody well done.

Thanks to everybody who played this season. You stuck with it, which is remarkable, and deserve a virtual round of applause. Clap, clap, clap. There you go.

I fully intend to return and do the same again next season, so bring your mates; the more the merrier, though I'll frown on absent entrants like Nasty next time. Have a GREAT Summer.

1 Pete..................(7) 244
    2 Piglet*.............(10) 243
    3 Cayambe*.........(3) 243
    4 Howoldboy*.......(7) 243
    5 NZBlue*............(4) 238
    6 Deezel*.............(7) 238
    7 Griff*................(4) 233
    8 Buc*.................(7) 233
    9 CAB..................(8) 228
    10 Southblue........(5) 220
    11 Chalky.............(5) 196
    12 Nasty...............(7) 191
    13 Beast...............(8) 174

Realised that while I was out earlier - I mixed up the bonus and tie-breaker questions. I've corrected it in the final table.......Grateful if you could QA it for me.
    QA complete. Perfect. Thanks Griff. My first time and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Congratulations to Pete. Squeaky bum time and Pete clearly has the strongest sphincter in town!

Wow,who would have thought that after 40 weeks the top 4 would be separated by one point,wonder how different it would be if you didn't do a bonus point every week.
    Big thank you for your time and effort Griff and i look forward to defending the title next season.

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)