+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Predictocomp table

Yeah well I'm not happy about where I finished so I demand a total recount!

Quote Originally Posted by postmanpete View Post
    Wow,who would have thought that after 40 weeks the top 4 would be separated by one point,wonder how different it would be if you didn't do a bonus point every week.
    Big thank you for your time and effort Griff and i look forward to defending the title next season.
    Bonuses? I've added u the 38 weeks where I mentioned who got them and these are the results:

Southblue 8
    Howoldboy 7
    Griff, Pete, AussieBranch 5
    Chalky, NZBlue, Nasty 4
    Buc, Deezel, Beast 3
    Cayambe, Piglet 2

Thanks for that,the league would look quite different as i suspected,not complaining though.

Congratulations Pete, a well deserved victory on your part.

I'm left rueing my unforgivable transgression in forgetting to complete the Easter Monday fixtures. C'est la vie, my continuing goal of finishing higher than Griff every season was at least achieved this term - and I'm safe in the knowledge that rectifying a very simple schoolboy error on my own part will regain me the title next year.

You were still in it right to the end, so fair play to you. Thanks for competing across the miles, and good luck next season. Looks like I'll have to start dong more research.

Sometimes, more is less.

Over the course of the season I made a fundamental error in my prediction strategy which (in hindsight) probably cost me an extra 50 or 60 points. Statistics and knowledge of probability is the key - if you get your equations correct (unlike me for most of the season).

Thanks for organising Griff, any rule or format changes planned for next term?

I think that the format's pretty solid, but I'm aways open to suggestions. As for the rules, I don't want people dropping in a couple of times, leaving a standing entry and never being seen again so I'm going to rule those out. That's what the EOB safety-net is for. I'd do it for someone going on holiday for a couple of weeks but not for the whole season.

I'd be grateful for feedback or any suggestions for improving it.

Format is very good griff but iv'e never been a fan of the bonus's,would maybe put premier league in as well but not that fussed either way.

I got shot of the PL stuff because I went right off the money-grabbing gits, but that's just my personal take on it. There are many weeks when they don't play, whereas the National and Scottish leagues are there every weekend. The bonuses are a bit of fun, but if the majority don't like them then they can easily be ditched. What do others think?

Good work Griff a lot of work put into this .well done indeed .

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)