+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Predictocomp table

Quote Originally Posted by deezel View Post
    I always used to do well at Predictocomp when I ran one meself

...oh!
    Why do you think I'm doing one?

Ah.

WEEK 10

A good week all round, with three competitors getting into double figures, the highest number since week 1. It just shows what getting the scores right can do. NZBlue shot up from 8th equal to 5th equal. Our reigning champion Piglet is now 3rd from 5th, and my own score takes me into first place. I think that 14 is the top score so far, thanks to three correct score forecasts. The Beast took the bonus - 15 was the minute; he was closest with 17 - but Buc failed to enter again and is now down to 8th equal. Too much running and disco music Buc. Lowest score was 3, which means that long-time leader Howoldboy has now slipped again, down to fourth.

1 Griff...........(14) 66
    2 Cayambe…....(9) 64
    3 Piglet..........(11) 59
    4 Howoldboy.....(3) 56
    5= Southblue....(3) 55
    5= NZBlue.......(10) 55
    7 Pete.............(8) 54
    8= Buc........(eob3) 49
    8= Chalky.........(4) 49
    10= CAB...........(4) 47
    10= Deezel.......(9) 47
    12 Beast..........(7) 40
    EOB.................(3) 23

Thanks Griff

WEEK 11

Another good week saw AussieBranch top-scoring with 13, and therefore steaming up behing NZBlue in the Antipodean Mini-League. Howoldboy took the bonus point as the crowd at QoS was 1695 and he was closest with a punt of 1850. The number of dogs present failed to be spotted or recorded by the BBC. Now that teams have some form the points-scoring is improving - the lowest this week was 6, and I can remember weeks when few of us bettered that. Not many changes towards the top as the major smart-alecs this week were in the bottom half of the table. As a result, the gap between top and tenth is only 13 points, so anyone could be top next week. Sorry Chalky, sorry Beast; maybe the week after for you two. Meh.

Incidentally, my second check this week showed that I made a couple of errors. I don't think that any more have crept through this week or previously, but it would help if you could check points, maths etc also to keep me right.

1 Griff.............(6) 72
    2 Cayambe…....(7) 71
    3 Piglet...........(9) 68
    4 Southblue.....(9) 64
    5= Howoldboy...(7) 63
    5= NZBlue........(8) 63
    7 Pete.............(7) 61
    8= Buc...........(11) 60
    8= CAB...........(13) 60
    10 Deezel.......(12) 59
    11 Chalky.........(6) 55
    12 Beast..........(9) 49
    EOB.................(6) 29

!! AML !!

1 NZBlue.........(8) 63
    2 CAB...........(13) 60

I'm aiming to finish high enough to qualify for a tazzycomp at the end tbf

Aye, but has he completed his community payback yet?

"Howoldboy took the bonus point as the crowd at QoS was 1695 and he was closest with a punt of 1850."

How do you mean "a punt"? A lot of planning went into this.

The gate was lower than most expected but I stood outside Palmerston for at least an hour before the game personally persuading Doonhamers fans to give Gavin's bunch of rejects a miss and take advantage of the "Happy Hour in the Sunset Suite" offer at the Carlisle v Hartlepool game.

It was a huge surprise to me that so many Scots would desert their own team and travel 33 miles for a cheap pint.
    Last edited by howoldboy; 17-10-2016 at 08:08 PM. Reason: spelling?

Meanwhile, I was paying another 400 punters not to head south, but to head to Palmerston. Unfortunately, two quid and some free milk didn't hack it. Oh well...

As my main aim is to end higher than buc I headed over the border and offered to take the dog for a walk while its owner watched the match incase it was a point earner,the dog was one of those horrible little Scottie dogs that continually yap all the time but you seldom see much now

Nobody got double figures this week, though well done to Pete who came close. A few of those that scored well last week did poorly this time, demonstrating how important consistency is. Talking of which, Piglet 'Mr Consistency' Pheonix is sliding slowly up the table and is handily placed now in equal second. Nine goals were scored in the three Scottish games, giving a bonus-point each to AussieBranch and NZ Blue. Check my maths please as usual.

1 Griff.............(6) 78
    2= Cayambe....(4) 75
    2= Piglet.........(7) 75
    4 Howoldboy....(8) 71
    5 Pete.............(9) 70
    6 NZBlue.........(6) 69
    7 Southblue.....(3) 67
    8 CAB..............(4) 64
    9 Buc...............(3) 63
    10 Deezel.........(2) 61
    11 Chalky.........(3) 58
    12 Beast..........(4) 53
    EOB.................(2) 31

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)