+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Predictocomp table

Quite right mate and thanks. I copy the predictions over to a table and transcribed that Mansfield game as 2-1 for some reason. Good spot, and I'll try it with less red in me next week. I've corrected the table above.

Firstly - AussieBranch, as I said on the other thread I couldn't find your emergency entry, so if you point me to it I'll sort things out.
    Secondly - Chalky, did you put one in? There's something in the back of my mind but again I can't find anything. Give me a hint if you have.
    Thirdly - What in God's name is The Beast doing top-scoring this week? The natural order has been broken and the world is about to end. Mind you, it was only 6, and Cayambe achieved it too, but I'm still in shock.

Bonus - three matches ended 0-0 so AussieBranch, Deezel and Piglet took the points. The rest was pretty average to be fair, with two of the usual competitors out buying flip-flops and booking EasyJet tickets so obviously too busy to bother this week.

CHECK POINTS, MATHS AS USUAL.

1 Pete.................(4) 234
    2 Cayambe..........(6) 231
    3 NZBlue.............(5) 228
    4 Deezel..............(4) 227
    5 Howoldboy........(4) 226
    6=Piglet..............(3) 225
    6= Griff...............(4) 225
    8 Buc..................(4) 218
    9 Southblue.........(2) 209
    10 CAB................(4) 206
    11 Chalky........(dne2) 190
    12 Nasty...............(5) 176
    13 Beast...............(6) 165
    EOB......................(2) 92
    Last edited by griff; 23-04-2017 at 06:58 PM.

Despite what you said last week have you been on the red again Griff?

This week all the scores you have recorded are correct but you are showing me as a DNE.

Rather than going out to buy flip flops I spent hours going through the form books (to little avail).

If you check the entries you should be able to see my entry on 21 April at 12.25 p.m. (12 minutes before yours). If you can see it I should be entitled to a grand total of 4 points this week.

Sorry mate. I transcribed the entries up to that point onto a table that I use then gave some thought to my own predictions, then put those up. I suspect that you put yours up while I was doing that and I didn't notice. As always, thanks for auditing these and putting me right. Sorry for the omission and I've corrected the table above.

Thanks Griff.

Griff, sorry I didn't see your reply about this.

It's here, (week 25, post 5)

http://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=38182059

And thanks.

Got it mate. You were awarded 3 points in week 36; should have been 9 so you're owed 6. In week 37 I gave you 2 and it should have been 6, so that's another 4. I've corrected the table below to reflect this.

1 Pete.................(4) 234
    2 Cayambe..........(6) 231
    3 NZBlue.............(5) 228
    4 Deezel..............(4) 227
    5 Howoldboy........(4) 226
    6=Piglet..............(3) 225
    6= Griff...............(4) 225
    8 Buc..................(4) 218
    9 CAB..................(4) 216
    10 Southblue........(2) 209
    11 Chalky........(dne2) 190
    12 Nasty...............(5) 176
    13 Beast...............(6) 165
    EOB......................(2) 92

Incidentally, I'd welcome people's views on standing entries when we already have the EOB in place. It's been a real bugger remembering Nasty's every week. The odd holiday break - fine. It's the longer term ones that I'm on about when the board relies to a degree on footfall. What do you think?

Oh, and Howoldboy - do you fancy running this next season? I'm happy to do it again but it might benefit from a fresh pair of eyes.

Thanks for the offer Griff but you're a class act who would be difficult to follow.

As long as you're happy to stay in the limelight I'd prefer to stay behind the scenes as unofficial "auditor".

With regard to standing entries... OK if someones on holiday for a week or two, but not for the full season.

Griff, thanks for updating that for me.

And, I agree with Howoldboy, to a certain extent, I think if you are going to be away and you effectively pre-enter by notifying Griff, then that's fine, but just not entering (as I, and a few others, have done on a couple of occasions this season) should be classed as an EOB score.

As long as the rules are defined before the season starts then there's no problem. Ultimately, I think you should have the final say, Griff, as you go to the effort of organising this every week.

The lead's changed again Well done to Cayambe, though he was outscored by Howoldboy who got 10 and climbs to third place. I won't mention the lowest scorer; I simply applaud his honesty.

There were 4 sendings-off; Cavaleiro (Wolves), Adams (Brum), Naismith (Norwich) and Payne (Crawley). Points went to Pete and Howoldboy. Piglet's 8 brings him back up to fifth, handily placed behind the leaders. Meanwhile, I've mirrored Carlisle's post-Christmas form, slipping from the top-spot down to seventh. Where did it all go wrong?

I now fancy that the winner will come from the top five, but who knows?

One more week lads, and you've got to be in it to win it. Next week's fixtures will stretch over Saturday and Sunday and, with some leagues having finished, one group will feature some Scottish games. There will also be a tie-breaker question to separate competitors who finish on equal points. I'll get it up by Thursday at the latest. Any question, please ask.

1 Cayambe...........(9) 240
    2 Pete..................(3) 237
    3 Howoldboy.......(10) 236
    4 NZBlue.............(6) 234
    5 Piglet...............(8) 233
    6 Deezel..............(4) 231
    7 Griff.................(4) 229
    8 Buc..................(8) 226
    9 CAB..................(4) 220
    10 Southblue........(6) 215
    11 Chalky........(dne1) 191
    12 Nasty...............(8) 184
    13 Beast...............(1) 166
    EOB......................(1) 93

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)