+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Marvin Johnson

Marvin Johnson

Apparently Brighton are about to make a bid for Marvin Johnson. The figure being mentioned is £500,000. If true should we accept it. I personally think he's worth more

Quote Originally Posted by neillyboy View Post
    Apparently Brighton are about to make a bid for Marvin Johnson. The figure being mentioned is £500,000. If true should we accept it. I personally think he's worth more

Hes only worth what someone is willing to pay for him. If the club are confident in his ability they should hold out.
    Brighton will know the figure we are expecting so why waste a bid of £500,000. However when you consider how often we bleat how skint we are I suspect £500,000 might just make the club panic into accepting it.

Oxford's bid of £300k will (probably quite rightly) have planted a seed with Brighton that we're skint.
    Robinson will have known what level of bids would have been deemed reasonable for each member of our squad before he left. £300k was no doubt chancing his arm, but he'll have known that it probably won't take much more than that to get the board having a quiet word with Mr McGhee.

Having said all that, if John Stones is worth £47m, than Marv is worth £80m!

I would suggest there will other interested parties and hopefully before 31st August will achieve a figure were happy to accept. IMO offer not close to his value, especially when one considers what those muppets south of border prepared to pay for mediocre players. As for being skint .. I only read this repetitive factoid on this forum. Every club pleads poverty .. can we move on as players MM has brought in looking good.

Quote Originally Posted by jtsingapore View Post
    Oxford's bid of £300k will (probably quite rightly) have planted a seed with Brighton that we're skint.
    Robinson will have known what level of bids would have been deemed reasonable for each member of our squad before he left. £300k was no doubt chancing his arm, but he'll have known that it probably won't take much more than that to get the board having a quiet word with Mr McGhee.

Having said all that, if John Stones is worth £47m, than Marv is worth £80m!

What's Robinson got to do with it? He is the manager of OLDHAM ATHLETIC! lol.

I'd turn it down...the combination of contract to 2018, the mental English market and his marked improvement in consistency means I think we're better holding off. I'd try to shift him in January though.

Yep, a sound, logical response HD. He's already attracting attention, so a good 4-5 months of consistent performance and goals will only widen his appeal. Good news for him in the long run I'd have thought. And, naturally, good news for the Board in terms of transfer fees.

Quote Originally Posted by JOHHNYG View Post
    What's Robinson got to do with it? He is the manager of OLDHAM ATHLETIC! lol.
    D'oh! I realised that just nowwhen I saw Mr Burrows tweet congrats for Oldham beating Wigan...

Quote Originally Posted by dasdeid View Post
    I would suggest there will other interested parties and hopefully before 31st August will achieve a figure were happy to accept. IMO offer not close to his value, especially when one considers what those muppets south of border prepared to pay for mediocre players. As for being skint .. I only read this repetitive factoid on this forum. Every club pleads poverty .. can we move on as players MM has brought in looking good.
    I suggest you go onto you tube and listen how often our managers McGhee and previous ones mentions budget and short of finances in interviews. Happily move on when they stop talking about it cos it bores me rigid. I support the team for the football the budget is not my responsibility, others get paid for that job.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)