+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Aston Villa away (opposing fan view)

Aston Villa away (opposing fan view)

Hi guys,

Villa fan in peace here. Every game this year I'm signing up to the opposing fan forums and asking questions posed by our members at VillaTalk. I hope to ask any questions you may have of us back to our members too.

I will post questions from our members in this thread and I would be really grateful if I got some answers and please feel free to ask any of me/us.

First ones:

1) What is your attitude going into the game? What result do you think is likely?
    2) Who will be your danger man?
    3) What do you think of Villa as a club?
    4) What do you think of Villa's chances this year?

thanks guys

Q1 we are rebuilding so I hope for a win or draw,
    Q2 we don't have a danger man, we are a team, we will work together to beat Villa
    Q3 Villa are a big club, they do not deserver to be in the Championship,
    Q4 Villa will be there ot there about, but don't get me wrong, this is the most difficult division to get out of you will have to battle hard,

Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyFan View Post
    Hi guys,

Villa fan in peace here. Every game this year I'm signing up to the opposing fan forums and asking questions posed by our members at VillaTalk. I hope to ask any questions you may have of us back to our members too.

I will post questions from our members in this thread and I would be really grateful if I got some answers and please feel free to ask any of me/us.

First ones:

1) What is your attitude going into the game? What result do you think is likely?

thanks guys
    Hello friendlyfan
    in answer to your questions:-
    1.Saturday's game will be a big test for our boys - we are trying to build a team from youth which is a longer term strategy than some clubs employ but as we have limited income its the best route as opposed to signing "journeymen" .
    2.Im hoping we take a point form you and IMHO we dont really have a "danger man" as we've only seen most of our play team once but we have a young energetic midfield who try to play football so watch out for a few surprises.
    3.Villa became "fat ,dumb and happy" as a Premiership regular outfit but poor management decisions and lack of funds left you hanging over the trapdoor once to often.
    4.You might make the play offs - remember Wigan ,Fulham ,Blackpool and Bolton

Question o you think parachute money is a fair way of rewarding failure?

Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyFan View Post
    Hi guys,

First ones:

thanks guys
    1 I just want a good game what result is likely 2-1 to us I think I think villa will need time to adjust to championship
    2 that's hard to tell only one game has been played but at the moment I'd say Taylor or vaulks
    3 villa used to be a fantastic club but in premiership they had problems with board executives not buying players who the manager wanted only you can judge not us
    4 I think youl be looking at half way still from what I have herd there's a lot to be done at villa .. I wish you luck tho

Now question for you how likely is it for me to get beat up by a villa fan

We have a few injuries but if they are fit for your game then I'm confident it will be a close game, maybe a draw

Vaulks

Great club

Early days but would be surprised if you're not in play offs

Here's to a good game

UTM
    Last edited by millertop; 09-08-2016 at 11:39 AM.

1) Parachute money is an interesting one. For us, we don't really have a super inflated wage bill, and we have a rich new owner so I don't know how much of an impact it'll actually make.

2) You're not very likely to get beat up by a Villa fan. More likely a local as Aston is an absolute ****hole.

“New broom” Alan Stubbs is still in the midst of restructuring to take us onto the next level….5th from bottom at the end of the season . We’re reasonably confident he’ll manage it.

Villa game? we’re massive underdogs….so what’s new? That’s pretty much how we have to approach virtually every game in the Championship and have done so successfully for the last two seasons. A strong team spirit and blind optimism has served us well so far. We’ll win 2-1 on Saturday

We’re still getting used to our new team but on the showing so far, Vaulks looks like our “danger man”.

Obviously, Villa are a big club, but you also have class. Every time I go to Villa Park I feel slightly in awe of the history that the whole place just reeks of. Compare this to our MASSIVE neighbours in Sheffield 6. Big ground, lots of fans….but no class. I’m assaulted by a very different kind of smell whenever I go anywhere near Swillsboro. Villa are the epitome of a “big club”. Wednesday are the epitome of a desperately-wannabe-big-club.

It’s hard to see Villa not competing near the top all season, but it won’t be a cake walk. I think it was Robbie Savage that described the Championship as the “most dog-eat-dog league in the world.” I think that nicely sums it up. How quickly Villa adapt to the ruthlessness of this league will be key. Sunday’s game was a sober awakening for you. It will be very interesting to see how you react to Sunday’s result over the next two or three games.

Question;
    How do you think you will fare this season? What's the general feeling around Villa Park?

Good luck for the rest of the season
    Last edited by Redshank; 09-08-2016 at 12:46 PM.

Hi Friendly Fan,

My thoughts about the game on Saturday is that most supporters will be travelling in hope rather than expectation.
    I watched you play Sheffield Wednesday on Sunday and for a 20 minute spell in the second half, you absolutely bossed the game and I was willing you to score.
    Unfortunately a number of your players often chose the wrong option and a lot of moves fizzled out.
    I'm a bit apprehensive that they might choose the right options against us!
    As for the likely result, well I'd take a draw right now and anything better would be a real bonus.

It's difficult to say who might be our danger man as our squad is still being built and we've only seen a few of the new players once.
    Based on Saturday's performance against Wolves, I'd say that Will Vaulks or Jon Taylor could be a threat if they are "on their game."

For me, Villa as a club represent real class and have a history and tradition to be proud of.
    Unfortunately you have lost your way in recent times due to poor ownership and management decisions and are now faced with a considerable rebuilding job.
    However, from the outside looking in, things appear to be moving in the right direction and you certainly have the financial muscle to put things right.

The Championship is an incredibly tough league, in fact there is nothing like it anywhere else in the world.
    A lot of clubs who drop down from the Premier league seem to think it will be easy to go straight back up .
    Believe me it won't be because all teams in this league are capable of beating each other on any given day.
    The Championship is full of big clubs who have been unable to get back to the promised land.
    However, I'll be amazed if Villa aren't promotion candidates given the resources at your disposal and I expect you to make the playoffs at least.
    Personally I think Norwich will be champions.

My questions to you are:
    Do you think that Roberto di Matteo is the man to restore you to former glories?

What do your supporters expect from Saturday's game?

Good luck for the season, after Saturday that is! UTM.

Hi friendly fan

1. Stubbs is trying to implement a passing game so expect some nice footy on the deck. After watching you on sky v the pigs on sunday i think we can get a draw out of the game.

2. Not sure on the danger man. Hopefully Danny Ward can bag another and cause you plenty of problems in his lone striker role

3. As i have many mates from Coventry, i can only say their favourite saying "shiiiiit on the villa". Its all they bang on about lol.

4. It will be tough but think you got a cracking manager. Maybe playoffs or mid table obscurity (which we would be more than pleased with)

UTM

Always had a soft spot for Villa after the 61 league cup final. Good luck after Saturday.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast