+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Queens v Ayr Utd

Hopefully there's a bit of an atmosphere at Palmerston this weekend like there was at Tannadice last Saturday . Ayr will bring a decent and noisy support down with them

Quote Originally Posted by billyqos View Post
    BIG problem for the "away" numbers this weekend - A76 is closed at critical times twice due to Sanqhuar Civic Day. Coupled with the usual Dumfries Loyal support I'm afraid anything above 2,500 will be a positive!!!
    Some of our younger support might be at the Youth Beatz festival in the Dock Park

I think the fact that Ayr have had two home games in five days, losing to Raith on Saturday and Aberdeen last night, will knock the travelling numbers on the head more than anything.

There will still be around 300 or so, and there should be an extra 300 Queens fans, so about 2152 is my guess.

We could certainly do with the younger supporters at this game to generate some atmosphere as frankly against Stenhousemuir it was like a morgue. Looking forward to this game and hopefully we will see the high pressing game that the manager is trying to implement and with Dobbie either starting on coming off the bench the noise levels will be high naturally with the matching feast of football on the pitch.
    Mon the South

Queens offered an olive branch out to the missing young team pre season but so far they've decided not to return . You'll maybe get some back now the league campaign has started and with the return of a Mr Dobbie ..... Here's hoping

One thing is for sure for Saturdays game is that we need to instil the correct atmosphere at Palmerston so that the home players are not intimidated through uncalled for comments and snide remarks, especially to the young players. We need positivity and encouragement from those supporting Queens to encourage the players to be able to fully express themselves rather than the negative cat calls which creates tension on and off the field. Let's all get behind the lads on Saturday and start making Palmerston the fortress it used to be by encouraging the players throughout.
    Mon the South.

Great post

Quote Originally Posted by QOS_MAD_ADMIN View Post
    I suspect we will be let down again by the D and G public who in the past have failed to turn out after an impressive away display !
    We've had some fine old tussles with Ayr United over the years, none more so than that 5-4 Cup victory away back in 1976 with Peter Dickson (remember him?) scoring the winner deep into extra-time. I'm rather looking forward to this game. However, I cannot agree with QOS_MAD_ADMIN's comment about being let down. Queens are selling, the general public are not buying, which is their prerogative. It's as simple as that. Bear in mind that the general public are under no obligation to buy any product that they neither want nor need, the more particularly if they are of the opinion that the product does not represent good value for money: and who would argue these days that football is value for money?

There was a lot of negativity last season both on the park and off it. Even this early in the season there is a definite upbeat feeling all around the Club. The introduction of a few younger players, the return of Stephen Dobie and new Manager's apparently positive tactics have all helped in this. On recent form we should be capable of winning on Saturday but the players will need to put the same effort into playing Ayr as they did against Hibs and Dundee Utd. If things aren't going our way I hope the supporters get behind the players, although I appreciate it can be frustrating if things are not going as planned, and I'm sure the positive support will be rewarded in the players efforts.

Even taking into account our recent performances and the fact it's a "derby" game, I'm not expecting a massive upsurge in attendance, 1800 - 1900 would be my guess but hopefully I'm guessing too low.

Apologies for spelling Mr. Dobbie's name wrong, but was unable to edit correction. At least this is another post to boost the sites numbers.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)