+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Betfred Cup Draw

Maybe not an ideal draw for some but let's not forget it's a quarter-final and one we could quite possibly cause an upset at . Ibrox is one of the easier away grounds to get and I've yet to witness the horrible atmosphere some have experienced in the past .

Let's hope we take a decent away support even if it's more the likely to be live on BT Sports .

The saving graces are the cash and the fact that that we might just cause another upset. Otherwise I'm finding another trip to Castle Greyskull a pretty dismal prospect. I pretty much pledged not to go back there after my last visit but the possibility of a repeat of our Challenge Cup e plaits has me tempted.

thankfully they've moved the Union Bears to the other side of the Broomland Road stand and they're not directly next the away support anymore . All you'll have to put up with is few verbals from the Govan Stand which I'm sure we can all handle

Without dismissing Queens chances altogether (as I did against Hibs) this a great tie financially and one that the players should look forward to.

Can we progress? - almost definitely not, - but it will really test our players and give them great experience for our league campaign.

Already Gav Skelton has done more than Mr. Fowler did last season!

Should make some money if it is on the television and a bit from the attendance on the night but the huge 49,000 crowds the
    Gers get on a Saturday for league games just don't turn out in those numbers for midweek cup - ties v so - called lesser sides. Having not played Celtic for 20 - odd years I personally would have loved Queens to face them as we have played the Ibrox side 10 times in the last two years.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Should make some money if it is on the television and a bit from the attendance on the night but the huge 49,000 crowds the
    Gers get on a Saturday for league games just don't turn out in those numbers for midweek cup - ties v so - called lesser sides. Having not played Celtic for 20 - odd years I personally would have loved Queens to face them as we have played the Ibrox side 10 times in the last two years.
    Aye. Before the draw I was thinking "anyone but Rangers". Ho hum...

All said and done a midweek game at Ibrox will easily quadruple the numbers going through the Palmerston gates (even with a full Terregles Street terracing) so financially this would only have been bettered with playing against the green half - "novelty" value possibly generating a greater interest. So, as I believe the gates are shared surely this is a good reason to appreciate this match? I mean a draw against Alloa &/or any of the other Championship teams might have offered a great chance of furthering to Hampden and a Semi BUT also might have meant going out with next to nothing more financially. Anyway who says we cannot win???

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Without dismissing Queens chances altogether (as I did against Hibs) this a great tie financially and one that the players should look forward to.

Can we progress? - almost definitely not, - but it will really test our players and give them great experience for our league campaign.

Already Gav Skelton has done more than Mr. Fowler did last season!
    Can't but agree with all you have posted, jardi. Like you I hadn't really expected a result against Hibs (and in view of how that game was played out on Tuesday night it is still astonishing that we did) and I would even less expect a result against Celtic or Rangers. Like many others, from a novelty point of view I would probably have preferred Celtic: from a hard-nosed financial point of view I prefer Rangers. In the round just completed Rangers had an attendance in excess of 27,000 for a home game against Peterhead whereas Celtic managed just over 20,000 for a home game against Motherwell. If we are to go out, as I expect we shall, we might as well make as much out of it as we possibly can.

Agreed Cresswell; I would hope that there might be 30 000 in a month's time, - especially if the results start going Rangers way, - and that's a pretty handsome cheque for exiting the cup, - so we should all be pretty chuffed I reckon.

Game confirmed for Tuesday 20th September with a 7.45pm kick-off .... The game is also live on BT SPORTS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)