+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Betfred Cup Draw

Betfred Cup Draw

Celtic v Motherwell on BT Sport TV live at 1945 tonite followed by cup draw - can't wait !

Never seen Queens play Celtic so wouldn't mind that.
    That's assuming they win of course.
    Although more winnable game at home for progression towards another Hampden final!

So Rangers away it is. Can't escape that mob.

Rangers away. Not the best to say the least.

Other ties:
    Morton v Dundee Utd
    Celtic v Alloa
    Aberdeen v St Johnstone
    Last edited by QoS1_StMirren1; 10-08-2016 at 09:14 PM.

Financially, it is the best draw..... and when we beat them up there we're in the semis!

I think it's a good draw for us. Easier than Celtic away ( which I personally was hoping for) and should be as good money-wise.

Certainly didn't want Morton, St J, Dundee U or Aberdeen away. Would have taken Alloa. Maybe in the semi finals.

I was personally hoping to avoid going to Ibrox having been to all the games there the past few seasons but it is still better than having to go to Aberdeen, Dundee Utd or St Johnstone away midweek.

Queens have a ok record having picked up a couple of draws and not getting thashed at Ibrox laterly.
    Rangers 4 - 3 Queens
    Rangers 2 - 1 Queens
    Rangers 1 - 1 Queens
    Rangers 1 - 1 Queens
    Rangers 4 - 2 Queens

Also I can not forget about the last time Queens played Rangers at Ibrox in the Quarter Finals when we won on penalties.

BT will be showing 3 of the 4 games live so I would guess the game missing out will be Morton v Dundee Utd.

Any one has a record of all the games that Queens have been on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by QOS King View Post
    I was personally hoping to avoid going to Ibrox having been to all the games there the past few seasons but it is still better than having to go to Aberdeen, Dundee Utd or St Johnstone away midweek.

Queens have a ok record having picked up a couple of draws and not getting thashed at Ibrox laterly.
    Rangers 4 - 3 Queens
    Rangers 2 - 1 Queens
    Rangers 1 - 1 Queens
    Rangers 1 - 1 Queens
    Rangers 4 - 2 Queens

Also I can not forget about the last time Queens played Rangers at Ibrox in the Quarter Finals when we won on penalties.

BT will be showing 3 of the 4 games live so I would guess the game missing out will be Morton v Dundee Utd.

Any one has a record of all the games that Queens have been on TV.
    Just remind me, who was in goals for Queens that night?

Quote Originally Posted by EwanHughesArmy View Post
    Just remind me, who was in goals for Queens that night?
    Queens current number 1 Lee Robinson.

Here is the penalty shootout - Good Memories

Financially the draw, albeit an extremely tough one, is a winner for Queens and one which the BoD will be happy with. Let's face it if we have all our players fit for this tie we can give them a right fright and who knows we may just squeeze out a result again like we did in the challenge cup Q/F.
    Mon the South

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)