+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motherwell lose by five

Motherwell lose by five

Motherwell failed to make any impression in the Betfred cup tie at Parkhead and were fortunate to lose by 5-0, it could have been much worse. - External Link

A shocking limp performance last night. It was never going to be easy and yes, Celtic did play well but we made oh so easy for them. No aggression or fight and we played far too deeply. Our midfield was anonymous and leaderless. Samson deserved pass marks but even his performance wasn't flawless. Poor show.

Quote Originally Posted by Wellup4it View Post
    A shocking limp performance last night. It was never going to be easy and yes, Celtic did play well but we made oh so easy for them. No aggression or fight and we played far too deeply. Our midfield was anonymous and leaderless. Samson deserved pass marks but even his performance wasn't flawless. Poor show.
    Youse lot need to cheer up a bit and take the positives from the game. We must be improving as we only lost by 5 which is a 2 goal improvement on the last visit to Celtic Park (note: not the "tattiedome" or the "piggery" which is disrespectful to our opponents).

On the negative side McGhee has openly admitted our players aren't any good. Its going to be a tough season, AGAIN!

Quote Originally Posted by WoodyG View Post
    Youse lot need to cheer up a bit and take the positives from the game. We must be improving as we only lost by 5 which is a 2 goal improvement on the last visit to Celtic Park (note: not the "tattiedome" or the "piggery" which is disrespectful to our opponents).

On the negative side McGhee has openly admitted our players aren't any good. Its going to be a tough season, AGAIN!
    Sorry WoodyG is tattiefome or piggery a bit too close to your heart here?

It's football, and fans often refer to opponents/rivals by disrespectful or derogatory names and if you can't accept that maybe you should take up another sport to follow.

We were a disgrace last night and were lucky to only concede five and our entire set up was to limit damage. That is truly pathetic in a Cup tie and yet so predictable and regardless of how good They were, if you go into such a tie with that approach plus your renta gob hoor of a manager telling the world that Celtic play a similar style to us except with "really good" players then you are beaten before a ball is kicked.

As for McGhee, results and subservient performances in games like this are not exclusive to his watch where we are concerned but I fully maintain that this clown is no good for us and should be nowhere near Fir Park. To him this job is just a window for him to try and showcase his 'talent' and show all how he is able to work with such a poor squad at a two bit club - even though he signed a few of those gutless imposters himself. Well the sooner Scotland's World Cup bid fails and Strachan gets the boot allowing McGhee to take over the better IMO.

Interesting listening to Luton Town manager saying he told his young team to go out and make sure Aston Villa knew they had been in a game, to have a real go that it was a cup tie.,result a 3.1 win against a much bigger team who have a huge budget in comparison and with better players. Pity our manager has such a defeatist attitude.
    No ones saying we would have won had we had a go but that was a disgraceful performance, a couple of months after the last ****ty performance. Need to be more positive and compete in every game. Most fans will forgive a defeat if there's fight. Organisation was shockingly worrying. Much work ahead.
    (Note- the piggery is perfectly acceptable for a club that shows not one ounce of respect to its opponents. They have gret, girned and cheated for years ( through the intimidation of refs/ manipulation of financial rewards) all the time able to spend more on a couple of players than most other clubs in the league are worth, then moan about sorting integrity! They are a disgrace of a club and should not be afforded the same respect as most other opponents. For the record they're pals to the south are equally beyond contempt)
    We need to regroup and be ready for a well organised St J.

What a disgraceful spineless performance by a manager and team lacking both ability and self respect. Another Well team showing far too much respect to an average team who could do nothing other than win. Time to thank Keith and Stevie for their service and bring through youngsters to gain experience. I can't suffer performances like last night - McGhee believed we were beaten before a ball was kicked

Quote Originally Posted by LawSteelman View Post
    Sorry WoodyG is tattiefome or piggery a bit too close to your heart here?

It's football, and fans often refer to opponents/rivals by disrespectful or derogatory names and if you can't accept that maybe you should take up another sport to follow.

We were a disgrace last night and were lucky to only concede five and our entire set up was to limit damage. That is truly pathetic in a Cup tie and yet so predictable and regardless of how good They were, if you go into such a tie with that approach plus your renta gob hoor of a manager telling the world that Celtic play a similar style to us except with "really good" players then you are beaten before a ball is kicked.

As for McGhee, results and subservient performances in games like this are not exclusive to his watch where we are concerned but I fully maintain that this clown is no good for us and should be nowhere near Fir Park. To him this job is just a window for him to try and showcase his 'talent' and show all how he is able to work with such a poor squad at a two bit club - even though he signed a few of those gutless imposters himself. Well the sooner Scotland's World Cup bid fails and Strachan gets the boot allowing McGhee to take over the better IMO.
    I'm not sure what you mean when you ask if it is too close to my heart. I think I'm being accused of being a Celtic fan! Can you explain further.

Insulting the opposition by using anti Irish sentiments when describing their ground isn't football banter. Its uneducated silly wee boys talk and not what one would expect from an adult.

As I said, football and football fans have never been PC, and very often you'll hear opponents referred to by terms that aren't very nice, but fortunately most folk manage not to wet their knickers over it. Sadly though some can't resist looking for something to offend them, especially in this country, which is part of the reason why we have this ridiculous legislation in place to criminalise football fans for next to nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by LawSteelman View Post
    As I said, football and football fans have never been PC, and very often you'll hear opponents referred to by terms that aren't very nice, but fortunately most folk manage not to wet their knickers over it. Sadly though some can't resist looking for something to offend them, especially in this country, which is part of the reason why we have this ridiculous legislation in place to criminalise football fans for next to nothing.
    i'm not sure what PC means when you talk about it. But using Anti-Irish terms to describe Celtic Park isn't PC its just not being a bigot. There are enough around already without our club being any part of it.

You talk of "wet knickers" because I oppose your casual racism. Again that's silly wee boys talk coming from a grown man. I can't respect that.

I don't disagree that the SNP have introduced ridiculous legislation to criminalise football fans. There are many supporters across Scotland who agree with you and who want the law repealed. Is it not beter to work with ALL of them instead of bantering off like a 14 year old and pissing off Celtic fans?

How do you and folk like you with that attitude ever cope inside a football ground with all those nasty words you hear at games? Seriously, how do you?

Maybe you should go away and watch crochet instead.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)