+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Benfica forward Anderson Talisca

Benfica forward Anderson Talisca

I know this one's been stewing for quite some time, but I couldn't find a thread for it and the comment below is, perhaps, a step forward (extracted from BBC Sports Gossip Column).....

Wolves have seen their £20m move for 22-year-old Benfica forward Anderson Talisca sanctioned by the Football Association, moving the most expensive deal outside of a top league closer to completion.(O Jogo -

Un-be-lievable! 20 million on one player?! Seems a lot for one player but if he's gonna shoot Wolves back to the premier then it will be worth every penny.

How does spending this amount o money on one player sit with everyone else? We could get 3 or 4 top championship standard players for that amount.

Will take some getting used to having money to spend and it doesn't always guarentee success. What's he like anyway? Don't know much about the kid.

Tried putting links up to this story but they won't work.

One of the lines from the scum is:

WOLVES are set to beat Liverpool to Brazilian forward Anderson Talisca – and smash their transfer record .

Benfica star Talisca was due to fly to the UK today to seal the deal - 09/08/2016

So he should have signed a few days ago.
    Last edited by Makka; 11-08-2016 at 09:46 AM.

I'll root for him if he signs, but I'm not sure I like the move. 20 million is alot for a player. And I don't know if he's quite good enough to take us back up to the Prem. For 20 million we could get 4-5 quality Championship players and we have several holes on our squad. I also worry that he's only signing with us as a stepping stone to a bigger club. Guess it doesn't matter as long as he plays well, but we could just be getting a half season rental. Then again, if he signs with us for 20, I'd have to imagine we'd get more than that in a sale, making the signing a profit in the end.

Though I guess if Fosun are willing to spend 20 million on one player, they'll probably be okay with adding 2-3 more pieces after that.
    Last edited by MichiganWolf; 11-08-2016 at 12:04 PM.

I agree. I would much prefer to do it the way Wednesday are doing it. They have the money but are spending it wisely. Bringing 4-5 quality Championship players in would be a much better idea. One player for 20million is putting all our eggs in one basket. He gets injured then what? His strike records not great so it's 20million for potential. When we're talking of profit and short term contracts then he's nothing more than a commodity. What about players that know Wolves and understand what it means to play for the club? More importantly players that want to stay for a very long time and achieve things. There are some good strikers about that would cost a fraction of that 20mill and score a lot more goals. Having said all this I'll welcome him.

This rumour has been going on for a few weeks now and add to that his partner has just given birth. If he does sign, i can't see anything near £20m being the fee.

As above, this one's been dragging on for so long I've got to the point where i'll believe it when I see it.

More of an attacking midfielder than a striker so don' go too much on his scoring record- i'll say no more til it happens as I don't want to tempt fate

Does anyone really believe this kid would choose Wolves above Liverpool?

Yes we have been taken over by a very rich business group but I'm sure Liverpool could and would exceed the wage we would be willing to pay.

No disrespect to our club but surely the riches and glamour of The Premier League would be a no brainier?

http://http://www.ojogo.pt/internacional/noticias/interior/wolverhampton-recebe-aval-por-talisca-5331928.html
    This is all I could find through the BBC Gossip column-a link to the Portuguese Paper-(I Hope)
    Using Wolves as 'a kind of "bridge" -if we don't go up this season he goes if we do go up we have him on a 5 year deal!!??
    Dated 10th August.

Translated reads

The English Football Association has accepted the request of Wolverhampton to sign Talisca the Championship ( second division ) . GAME found that the average Brazilian is now only waiting for the issuance of work visa , which must be delivered by the end of the week to head to England in order to carry out medical examinations and sign the contract.

"Average Brazillian"

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)