+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Martin to Wolves

In three seasons we failed to go up! and newcastle were relegated so not sure McClaren's theories are perfect, even though I liked the football under him.

I dont disagree that last week was dour, but then so was much under Clement, how many boring draws did we see at the start of last season?

You may have a point ella but I'm willing to give Pearson the benefit of the doubt for now.

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    Yes but we did'nt go up!!
    We went up with Billy Davies and a ****e squad....so should we assemble a ****e squad again...

Ella it was a lot easier to get out of this division under Davies than it is now Anyway we are supposed to be talking Martin I think we will know more about his future after today If he starts or not should give us a clue Fans are already giving Pearson stick about boring dull football give him time he will know what he wants He took Leicester up by scoring 83 goals we scored 84 that season and we are still in the same division

Quote Originally Posted by ellafella View Post
    We went up with Billy Davies and a ****e squad....so should we assemble a ****e squad again...
    Pearson has already indicated he is not looking to change the squad, that its important to keep the talent we have and he will only bring in players that improve the squad. So as things stand your fears that he might rip the squad apart seem unjustified, as for how he plays that team and the players he chooses to keep, well one or two adjustments are inevitable and surely you ahve to give a manager a chance to shape things before being to hard on him?

Although he has some nice touches and links play well, his body language and always being on his arse and not his two feet and the speed of a pit pony pulling 5 ton of coal won't make him an ideal player for Pearson. I think he's on his way.

Mano I'm a big Martin fan but have to concede his body language has been wrong for a time now Pretty well known there are players the doesn't get on with I don't want to see him go but there comes a time when the club comes before any player Expect him gone this week

Quote Originally Posted by ellafella View Post
    I thought we already had!

Mista...you seem to know more about some of the ins and outs and player 'relationships' than me...which isn't hard. Just out of interest and only if you know for sure...what are the feelings about Shackell? He's a good, not irreplaceable, defender who, imo, is awful when in possession, but I can't help feeling that team spirit seems to gave deteriorated since his arrival. Any thoughts/ideas?

Did he not get moved on to Burnley because he'd upset the team or was that just a rumour?? Anyways they didn't miss him last year did they?

I am not sure what it is, but I get the distinct impression that Shackell is not a calming force within the squad. Personally I would get rid if we can

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)