+ Visit Sheffield Wednesday FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: On Your Bike Fernando!

Quote Originally Posted by micklyons1hardbstd View Post
    I'm sorry but you can absolutely blame the agent......They're parasites, that feed off gullable footballers, for their own ends......FF was badly advised for just that reason....He should have known better....If he stays, then we'll see in the next window(s) how sincere that apology was......Right now you have to assume he's been advised again, by his devious agent, that any lucrative contract from us or elsewhere will have to wait...so its in FF's interests to make life at S6 as comfortable as possible for himself.....For now....Time will tell.
    Agreed that the agent will have started all this, Fernando is to blame for not getting on that bus though, his 'connection' with fans should have stopped him from going that far...like you say lets see how sincere the apology is after a while.

I'm sorry but you can absolutely blame the agent......They're parasites, that feed off gullable footballers, for their own ends......FF was badly advised for just that reason....He should have known better....If he stays, then we'll see in the next window(s) how sincere that apology was......Right now you have to assume he's been advised again, by his devious agent, that any lucrative contract from us or elsewhere will have to wait...so its in FF's interests to make life at S6 as comfortable as possible for himself.....For now....Time will tell.
    I agree Mick and that was sort of what I was trying to say. I reckon FF's head was turned in the first place by his agent but there is of course no excuse for refusing to play.
    We used to say 'let him rot in the reserves' didnt we as fans when a player and a club didnt want each other, but I think getting rid as soon as possible these days seems to be the preferred option.

100% agree with both of you.....There is absolutely no excuse for not getting on the coach...Let everyone down..Just hate scheming agents...As does CC....Well he'll have to work for his place in the side now....And rightly so.....The team comes first......God, what a great manager we have. ;-)

100% agree with both of you.....There is absolutely no excuse for not getting on the coach...Let everyone down..Just hate scheming agents...As does CC....Well he'll have to work for his place in the side now....And rightly so.....The team comes first......God, what a great manager we have. ;-)

It's Carlos that needs tying to a long contract, I'm hoping he's our bill shankley.
    As for ff, he's issued a proper apology and accepted all responsibility.
    That's good enough for me at this stage , let's hope that's an end to it so we can all move on.
    It takes balls to apologise like that, so well done to him and I hope he shows us he's in the right frame of mind tonight and bags a couple.
    I won't forget but I will forgive as its what we all really hoped would happen

THE WEDNESDAY

At the same time though, after the hole he'd dug for himself, I don't think he had much choice but to grovel...He can't go anywhere, and knows what would come from the fans..and still might, from a section.....Its in his interests to appease as many as possible. ....Its a start, at the same time..and the least we should expect....For how long it lasts is anyone's guess.....Actions speak louder, than well drafted words...So he needs to prove it.

Katch makes one correct call (amongst the many wrong ones) and now he believes his footballing knowledge ranks him above all those ex-pros who claimed the treatment Forestieri was getting from referees was wrong. Nothing to do with his pathetic hatred for all things SWFC...

Back to Fessi Gate.

I see DC has released a statement. In my opinion, the only thing missing to 100% move on from this fiasco is an explanation to why FF refused to play.

I can accept his apology - and I'll continue to support him - but I truly believe we (the fans) deserve to know.

I've asked the question on Owlstalk and got absolutely slated for it but this isn't Owlstalk...

Would everyone agree that the reason Fernando refused to play 'must remain private'?

Ya know what Roth, I don't want to know why it won't do any good, the best interest of the club is that he gets back to playing and being the best he can be, that way we can choose to either flog him or keep him and give him an improved contract, we all make mistakes let us just move on and get behind the club.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)