+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Round pegs in round holes

Round pegs in round holes

I`m not one of those who were calling for Coyles head today, it was always going to happen if we lost the first two games or so. Pathetic in my eyes and will not help us one little bit. But he really hasn`t helped himself by putting Henley back in at Left Back. For me Henley is a poor right back at left back he is like a park player . The team looked far better balanced once he was taken off and Hendrie brought on, better again once Conway was on. I think we will improve but a lot relies on players staying injury free, we need Evans fit to replace Lenihan and we`ll have a team who will compete .
    Steele
    Lowe Duffy Greer Hendrie
    Marshall Evans Byrne Conway
    Graham Stokes

A hard season ahead.
    Totally agree that you have hit on the obvious starting XI, Needle.
    Might still be tempted to go with 4-5-1 and an extra midfielder, though - purely for defensive reasons

A very long season ahead
    I cannot believe Coyle would even contemplate changing a winning team
    when will it sink in that Henley is not a left back?
    when will it sink in that Marshall is better on the right hand side?
    Coyle is stubborn in my opinion and it would not surprise me in the slightest if both of the above happens again on Wednesday night.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    A hard season ahead.
    Totally agree that you have hit on the obvious starting XI, Needle.
    Might still be tempted to go with 4-5-1 and an extra midfielder, though - purely for defensive reasons
    Don`t disagree. Maybe play Evans and Lenihan with Byrne further forward .
    Something I never mentioned in previous post was Danny Graham, very disappointing , did nothing he needs to buck up.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)